2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews 7

2001 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

2001 Malibu Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
05/25/03
By Dawn Garcia

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great vehicle to have other than the problem I and others have with the brake system. Even after having the rotors turned and brake pads changed, it still doesn't feel right. Others have made this same comment. Otherwise, it's a good car.

Favorite Features

The sleek look with the spoiler, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The brake, ABS package. It just doesn't feel near as smooth a brake as other vehicles I've owned.

The worst car I ever purchased....
By A Quinonez

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I was surprised to see the fabulous comments that most of the people wrote. The Malibu has been my worst nightmare since I purchased it. It has given me many mechanical problems and breakdowns. It has left me stranded and at 55000 I had to do a major tune- up, while it is advertised as an 100,000+ tune up interval. It gives the worst gas mileage, and it runs as a V4, while it claims to be a V6. It overheats very frequently, and it apparently is falling apart little by little. It is a very regular car, for very regular people. I sincerely regret purchasing this vehicle, and suggest you ponder a few days before purchasing this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Unfortunately nothing favorite about this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

It should have better quality parts, and in general, it should be made to last.

Malibu LS Good, but Watch the brakes!!
By DanSmith

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Pretty good car EXCEPT FOR THE BRAKES!!!!! Brakes are a big problem. I have 57000 miles and have replaced front rotor and pads three times. (once under warranty). Replaced back master cylinders twice because they leaked. (Neither under warranty). Very Disapointed in Chevrolet over their lack of help on this issue.

Suggested Improvements

Front brakes are seriously undersized. Chevrolet should pay for any brake job needed if parts wear out with less than 20000 miles on them.

I'll do it again
By goodtogo

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I think it's a great car for me. The built is what got my attention

Favorite Features

leather seats, sunroof and spoiler

Suggested Improvements

longer lasting tires and better and need to add a 6 CD changer

Best Car for the Money
By Very Happy in SC

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I was somewhat reluctant to buy a Chevy after several happy years of owning a Camry, but I have never been happier. This car was purchased used, but it still has some of the original warranty left, I don't think we will be using it. Road noise is almost non-existant, and the leather interior looks like a much more expensive car. The V-6 is very powerful, and this car has get-up and go. The handling is amazing, the stereo wonderful, and everything about it is just fabulous. I don't think I will ever go back to another car again.

Favorite Features

Everything - specifically the leather interior, moon roof, and CD/cassette stereo

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage (I was used to driving a 4 cylinder, so the V-6 seems to use a lot of gas) It would be nice if this car held its value as well as well as Camrys, otherwise, this car is perfect.

THIS SEDAN TURNS OUT TO BE TOP QUALITY.
By Mr_Picks

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

If you are looking for a vehicle that has a feel of a luxury car at an affordable price, the Malibu is for you. It is stylish, spacious, quiet, good fuel economy for its engine size, electronics, and suspension, makes this car a fun and smooth ride. Oh...and most important to me...it has been one of the most reliable cars I have driven.

Favorite Features

RDS Radio, Suspension, Room, V-6 engine, Engineered just right to keep most oustide noise..out. Nice compartments for drinks and other items.

Suggested Improvements

What improvements? This is the best car for its value.

Good all around transportation
By Todd

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Good power with the 3.1 V6, nice radio, gas mileage pretty good for the power. Fits four people real comfortably. Bought the car used with 34,000 miles and it drives and runs as good as a new one. Appears to be a good buy for the money.

Favorite Features

The power of the 3.1 V6 Headlights stay on after you turn it off Plenty of trunk space Somewhat of a sporty feel when you drive

Suggested Improvements

Exterior could use a face lift. Too much of a "basic car" look

2001 Chevy malibu
By dtownfb

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I have been pleasently surprised by this car. I did not expect to have such a good experience with a GM car. I've owned a 1994 Accord before this car and I'm not saying it is better then the current Accord but it is a nice car. Esp. for the price. Since it seems that GM has finally ironed out some of the problem areas, I would recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

V6 engine and RDS radio. The radio has some neat features which are helpful when travelling.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger fuel tank. GM should put better tires on the car. Step up to some Bridgestone or Michelins or higher priced Firestone.

Excellent Value
By Ricker99

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This car lives up to its highly regarded expectations. Zippy for its size, it has more than enough power. The transmission is silky smooth, and the drive is solid yet fun. I'm 6'3" tall and I have plenty of room in the driver's seat. I enjoy the good fuel economy. Only complaint is road noise gets a little high at highway speeds. Otherwise, I love this car.

Favorite Features

Strong engine. Stable feel on the road. Very smooth transmission. Plenty of driving room for tall people.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise dampening.

Excellent Family Sedan
By Malibu2001maroon

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Huge trunk, lots of options standard. Already have one of these in the family. Very reliable and comforable transportation. Excellent factory radio. Can't beat this for price vs value!!!!

Favorite Features

Radio, large trunk, almost maintenance free, A/C is very cold!

Suggested Improvements

A few styling accents on the outside would give it a little more stylish appearance