2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
evaluation of malibu
By john park on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

good value for the money. Should provide a stronger battery from the factory.

Luv My Chevy
By ChevyLUV on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Had My 2001 Malibu over a year drive it everyday and drive it hard.This car has all the power you could ever ask for in a four door sedan.Very reliable no issues so far,only regular maintainence,runs like a top.After reading the break vibration probblems I have noticed mine do seem alittle week sometimes.All and all very satisfied

Malibu LS
By Migs on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Great car at an affordable price, especially enjoy decent gas mileage around town. Roomy for trips with plenty of trunk space. Three trips to the shop in 2 years -- water seeped into car during heavy rain (factory failed to ensure sealant was applied in all the right places), A/C control sensor and turnsignal controller. Overall we're pleased and would buy another.

Great Family Car
By SFRAZIE on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first car I've owned that is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. Five adults fit comfortably in this vehicle. There is plenty of leg room (even in the back seat). I have a single car garage that is a little on the small size, but this vehicle fits with room to spare. There are plenty of cup holders, and a large glove box. If you have small children, this is a great car because it has three anchors for car seats.

Look out when the warranty expires
By M Burrier on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle was purchased new and has always been regularly serviced. Only minor problems were experienced until the milage clicked over 30,000 miles. I'm now at 50,000 and trading it in for a 2003 Honda Accord. I've already had to replace the brakes, repair a coolant leak, replace the AC/heater fan motor, replace the turn signal switch, a front headlight housing that allowed water in, and the driver-side seat belt. I agree with the previous reviewer that stated his Malibu was slowly falling apart; I feel the same way. I am not hard on my cars!

My Mailubu
By silverdome on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I felt sorry for this car...it was in an accident trashing the right front quarter...then it had a portable basketball hoop fall on it...all within the first 6 months I owned it... It ran fabulous for the entire time I owned it... 2 1/2 years...in fact I bought another Malibu...

2001 Chevolet Malibu
By Bdean on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Paint peels on front bumper, got two of these cars and both bumpers are peeling GM says it is not their fault. Tires cup on rear causing a lot of road noise. Would not buy another Chevolet of any model.Have had Chevolet in the past that I enjoyed for years,but not these 2001's.

2001 Malibu LS
By Mike Bunn on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

A great, dependable car. Only complaint would be the brakes--they seem to wear out too soon on the front and the rotors need to be turned. I've put nearly 50k on it in 2 years and only malfunction has been an alternator problem. This is a reliable vehicle.

So-So Car
By MassMike on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used in 2002. It still had factory warranty left. Luckily, dealer gave me 3,00 additional miles on bumper-to-bumper because the transmission had to be completely rebuilt at 38,000. Transmission is starting to stick again. Mileage on this car in not as good as advertised but it is comfortable to ride in and had lots of room, especially the trunk.

Nice car for the $$$$$
By Kwin57 on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Good all around car for the money. It has a nice sporty look and with the V6 is peppy enough for city and highway driving. As stated in so many reviews the brakes are a nightmare. The roters has to be replaced right after delivery. We had 3 sets of rotors and front brake pads replaced before 25K. The rotors were replaced under warranty but it was still a hassle. Other problems were a coolant leak and the back power window has a problem. They were both fixed under warranty. The heater/AC fan had a problem also. It did not function on speeds 1 and 2.