2000 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: Texas Malibu

2000 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Texas Malibu
By Texas Malibu Owner on

2000 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Malibu used with 23K miles because I needed some basic transportation on a budget. What I got was a bargain…so many features for so little money. I've had no problems at all with it (none, zero, nill), and I'm rough on cars. The A/C works great, despite the brutal Texas summers. It accelerates quickly for a basic four- door and handles quite well too. The ABS brakes work well and are very helpful. It's comfortable and roomy, and the looks are contemporary and stylish without going overboard. Definitely a great car for what I paid, I'd highly recommend it.

I love the quick acceleration and the good handling. The interior is very ergonomical and spacious as well.

The gas mileage is pretty good but I wish the gas tank was a little larger. I'm not a big fan of the daytime running lights (DRLs) or the auto-on headlights, but a lot of cars have them now, so I guess I've lost that battle.