2000 Chevrolet Malibu 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Poor workmanship, service

2000 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

LS Sedan (3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Poor workmanship, service
By jenmcm76 on

2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

I've had many of the problems mentioned here - break wear, blower not working on 1 or 2, etc. My dealership would NOT fix the brake problem under warranty. They said it was due to 'normal wear and tear', though I only had 30,000 miles on it - probably 90% highway driving. Even in 2000 everyone knew it was a design issue, but they refused to cover it - so it cost me $250. The workmanship is pretty bad. The cover keeps coming off the control panel in the driver's armrest, the trunk liner ripped away from the trunk, and the cargo net hooks ripped out of the liner. The gas tank is smaller than advertised - they claim it's 15-gal, but it's more like 12.5-13 gal.

Favorite Features

It's not a horrible car - besides the brakes, it just has lots of little issues. Go to Midas or CarX to get the lifetime brakes - it costs a little more ($350), but you get lifetime replacements.

Suggested Improvements

No major problems, but the Malibu has been disappointing - I am not going to buy another one. Since GM does not honor the warranty on this car, I will probably not buy another GM product either.