2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
breaks feel funny
By loooser on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan

When i test drove the vehicle the breaks felt like the were grinding. The dealership said it was surface rust from moisture and would ware off with the first use. This happens every time it rains. I took a week vacation and when i got back it was worse than ever, it went away after a few stops. Still grinds after every use or when it sits for a period of time.

Car just plain sucks
By Chevy "cheap" Malibu on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

oh god where to I begin. Well for one thing GM cars gotta be the cheapest looking vehicles on the road. every GM car looks the same with those cheap plastic nobs and materials. Id rather pay the extra dough for an Import that actually looks and feels good. I bought it as my first car and didnt really care for it. parents just got it for me. I "had" problems with the brakes brought it in like god knows how many times. Noisy powertrain when revving that weak 170hp. Now Im happy. I got a 2000 Maxima that really doesnt give me problems. Good engine and just a plain ol good car.

Good overall car.
By Carfreak189 on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

We got our Malibu in March 2000, now at 60,00 miles it has not had one problem what so ever. The brakes went at that was it. The tires got replaced at 50,000. The v6 acceration is stunningly good for a 170 horsepower sedan. The space is just right, and for the most part it is comfortable. One problem the interior materials are VERY cheap. So many things have gone wrong with the interior. The door lock base broe, the emergency brake pedal cover fell off. The holder so ou wont burn yourself with the seatbelt broke. Also, the speakers blew out, and I put a better set in. All in all chevy did a good job a car with minor flaws.

Good review
By aplustech on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan

Nice ride,stylish,dependable,comfortable

good
By santiago on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

very reliable, economic, great interior espace.

Best car ever!!!
By tonyvball on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This has been the best car I have ever had! It is fun to drive, trouble free with great fuel mileage. It looks great and is very confortable. I love driving this car and I recomend it to anyone looking to buy one. My lease will be up in July and I will get in another Malibu since it has served me so well over the years.

A perfectly fine American alternative
By dbingham on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

My wife's father and brother are GM employees, so we've had a string of leased GM vehicles, starting with a 1993 Olds Cutlass Ciera. The 2000 Malibu replaced a '97 Lumina for us and the improvement was immediately noticeable. Although a size class down from the Lumina, it was just as roomy and had a much more solid feel. Handling, ride, and road noise were all much improved. Over time, the Malibu has had its glitches. We've had a little trouble with the electrical system; the running lights dim and the heater loses strength on long trips. However, the Malibu, for the money is a dependable car and a pleasure to drive.

A perfectly fine American alternative
By DBINGHAM on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

good domestic car
By anandkale on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

12000 miles went rather peacefully a rattle from passenger airbag cover fixed by the dealer at no extra charge, brake rotors replaced at no extra charge The transmission oil went bad by 47000 miles and I could feel it while driving. The air filter was bad at 25000 and 50000 while GM recomments replacement at each 30000. most of my driving is highway and i get 29mpg almost all time. The mechanic recommended a coolant flush by 4 years 65000 miles instead of GM's 5 years 150000 miles recommendation to save the water pump. at 57000 miles feels like the car needs a tuneup.

well done GM
By bArRiO on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

itīs a great car!!