Used 2000 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Most Helpful|
Frequent Repairs
By critter

2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

There is not much more to say except that I had multiple repairs on this car just months after I had purchased it. The coolant was coppery tan, needed changed and flushed although it only had 28,000 miles on it to begin with. Horrible, problems from day 1, had to have repairs before the 1st week, drove a borrowed car from dealer.

Transmission Nightmare
By malibutrany

2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

With only 46,763 miles on my 2000 Malibu I didn't expect the transmission to go. Not to mention, warped brake rotors, cheap tires, and poor cooling & heating system. When the transmission went out I contacted two local dealers. Both of which didn't want to deal with the problems and gave me the 800 # for GM customer service. GM informed me that they couldn't help me either, as I didn't have documentation of service done at a GM dealership and couldn't prove that I hadn't tampered with the transmission! I'll never buy GM again due to product quality and NO customer service. My advice . . do not buy a Malibu.

Favorite Features

Interior space is good and gas mileage is decent.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission!!! Brakes, rotors, heating, cooling and CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Run To The Hills
By Mot

2000 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan

When I bought my 2000 Chevy Malibu in 2003 it had a little over 24000 miles on it.It seemed a good deal for just over 10000. As of 2009 I have probably had over $7000 in repairs. Right now I think the power steering system has passed away. I have had all sort of leaks and wire replacements. I was told by my mechanic that due to the Dexcool coolant that the manual says you are supposed to use it messes up various wires and causes it to overheat. If it wasn't for parental help I would probably be broke and in the gutter. A little after I bought it when I went to use the AC or heater the fan levels periodically stopped working. Driver's side sun visor somehow broke off in my hands. Be wary

Suggested Improvements

Retire It.

2000 CHEVY MALIBU LS
By RonG12

2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

THIS CAR IS A DOG. DON'T BUY IT. IT'S BEEN NOTHING BUT HEADACHES SINCE DAY 1. BRAKES AND ROTARS REPLACED ON FIVE SEPARATE OCCASSIONS (IT NOW HAS 67,000 MILES ON IT). WATER PUMP REPLACED, BLOWER FAN REPLACED, AND TURN SIGNAL SWITCH REPLACED. SPENT OVER $1500 OUT OF POCKET ON ALL OF THESE "NOT NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR" MALFUNCTIONS. GM DOES NOT HELP IN THE LEAST. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS LOUSY. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER GM CAR........NEVER.

Favorite Features

NONE

Suggested Improvements

DITCH THE MALIBU....SELL THE RIGHTS OF IT TO A FOREIGN COMPANY THAT BUILDS RELIABLE CARS AND KNOWS HOW TO BACK THEM UP.

Gets Me From A to B
By Jeff Mackin

2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

This car has a decent amount of pep for a V6 engine. The ABS Brakes stink! Did I mention that I hate the ABS brakes??

Favorite Features

The surprising pep of the 3.1 L V6 Engine.

Suggested Improvements

More interior room, very cramped for a Mid-Size sedan. Lose the retarded ABS brakes, lack of head room, shoulder room, and leg room. Gas mileage should b MUCH better for a V6 sedan!!