Used 2000 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Malibu LS
By 2000 Chevy Malibu

2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

I love the taupe leather seats in my Malibu LS Gold Edition , I also love the power sunroof, seats, fog lights and cd and tape decks. This car gets excellent gas mileage and is VERY powerful with plenty of standard features. The SFI 3.1 liter V6 handles smooth and is excellent for traveling and fun in the sun. I would recommend this beautiful car to any one who is interested in many luxury and reliability options.

Favorite Features

Taupe Leather seats, sunroof, cd and tape players, fog lights, and power seats. And the alarm system. I also love the gold edition trim on my Malibu.

Suggested Improvements

Lousy and cheap interior, sloppy design and favors the larger Impala too much. Wood trim. Ugly rear taillights and would recommend to Chevy and V8 engine for the Malibu. Would like more trim levels.

How fast the 2000 Malibu drives
By raqual keller

2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

It drives fast. It has a great engine. The interior is beautiful, white leather seats. I like the entire car. Exterior is excellent. I drove the car from Louisiana to Chicago. This car took me many places. I loved it and my children love it also.

Favorite Features

The leather seats, the engine, the performance

Suggested Improvements

Door panel leather torn in small area. Need new water resevoir

My Faithful BU
By Bryan200k

2000 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan

I got it for the gas mileage and just the right size for me, inside and out. The seats could be more comfortable. Gas mileage, I average between 27.5 and 30 mpg. Once got 35.9 on a trip. Have recurring klunks and thunks in the suspension. I've had the 1 & 2 setting on blower switch go out, and the AC compressor shuts down without warning. The lighter weight of the car is a curse in the wind. Some decent wind, and I have to work the wheel to keep her on the road. Other than fuel pump shutting down, the engine and transmission have been smooth, consistent and no problems, and at 146,000 miles is still running and shifting like a low-mileage car.

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage. Good head room, and overall roomy for our family of four. Rides nice on the straight open highway.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats. Needs a tighter suspension for those country roads. Feels mushy on turns.

Undecided
By Rebecca

2000 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan

I liked my Malibu, the interior was nice, roomy, and comfortable. The engine was built poorly, about a year after I had it, I had to fix an oil leak, my head gasket caught on fire, water pump broke, replaced roters, fix electrical wiring, fix gas pedal (sticking), idled high, very poor on gas, and made a clinking noise. Although with all my problems if the engine was built better I would buy another. I got into a really bad car accident and totaled the body work on the car. My engine, a passanger, and I came out with out a scratch. As for saftey this car is most reliable, as for engine wise, junk!

My Malibu
By Heather

2000 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan

Great Car!! The best car that I have owned. V6 is peppy and also gets good gas mileage. It is very comfortable.

Favorite Features

Comfy seating, great steering, awsome acceleration!!

Suggested Improvements

Placement of radio controls on steering wheel would be nice.