Used 2000 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

I will only buy Chevy now
By only chevy for me no

2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

I just wanted to let anyone out there thinking of buying one of these cars to do so. My daughter wrecked mine into a pole head on, the airbags went off, and she didn't have a scratch on her, she walked away unhurt.. This car was built sound and tough and my daughter is living proof. I want another just like it.

My favorite feature was the sun roof/moon roof

Dont' Buy a 2000 Chevy Malibu
By Augfirst

2000 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan

The 2000 Chevy Malibu is a poorly built car. It seems that I and many other people have had trouble with the Intake Manifold Gasket which needs to be replaced about every 50000 miles,I am already on my second gasket. The cost is around $600. Along with ABS, fan switch, and brakes this makes for a very expensive car to maintain.

None.

Fix the engine, so it does leak antifreeze!

Never Again!
By beatlegirl9

2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

I've had this car 7 yrs & I've had nothing but problems. It only has 67,000 miles as I don't do much driving except work & errands. I also do the reg. maintenance. I have an extended warranty that has been my lifeline in terms of shelling out money. Every time I take it to the dealership for repair, the same problems start back up a couple of weeks later. I have the manifold gasket repaired, my transmission replaced, the drivers side control panel replaced, the a/c control panel replaced(3x), fuel pump, a couple of the fuel injectors, the water pump & some others I am sure I am leaving out. Will never buy a Chevy or GM ever again based on the nightmare I have had w/ this car. Buyer Beware!

I am still lucky it runs!! So I guess I am pretty happy about that.

Never allowing a vehicle with such defects to come off the line. There should have been some recalls, I am sure, based on similar complaints on the same defective parts. Better company support for dissatisfied customers.

Better luck next time
By two timer

2000 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan

So this is my second Malibu since I started driving. I've had a Hyundai, Nissan, a Mazda, and the two Malibus. Wrecked the first one, bought this because I liked the first one so much. However, in the past six months I've had the water pump and the taillights mysteriously go out, didn't know that could happen. For the most part I've been pretty happy with it up until now, torn between, fixing this one or getting a new car. $250 is my quote for the taillights, not even sure if that includes the dash and console lights that don't work as well. All in all a great car as long as I don't go out at night.

Size, performance, comfort, style (though not a strong point), stereo.

Engine heating, electronics (windows don't work on passenger side).

Got my money's worth
By CEL

2000 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan

I bought car new and have put 166,000 miles on it in 7 years. The engine (2.8l) and transmission are great for what I paid. Have lived with 1and 2 blower speeds out and A/C kicking on/off for last few years. Twice I have had to have fuel pump replaced (in tank!). But overall I have gotten my money's worth.

Reliable v6 engine, comfortable driver seat.