Used 2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

2000 Chevy Malibu
By Michael in Atlanta

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought this car in October 2000 and now at 107k, it has finally died. So many problems every 10,000 miles. Will not miss this vehicle. Wasted so much time and money on the vehicle. Not only will we NEVER purchase any GM product again, if we ever won one on a game show, we would sell it immediately or drive off a cliff. Good riddance to this piece of junk vehicle

Gets Me From A to B
By Jeff Mackin

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car has a decent amount of pep for a V6 engine. The ABS Brakes stink! Did I mention that I hate the ABS brakes??

Favorite Features

The surprising pep of the 3.1 L V6 Engine.

Suggested Improvements

More interior room, very cramped for a Mid-Size sedan. Lose the retarded ABS brakes, lack of head room, shoulder room, and leg room. Gas mileage should b MUCH better for a V6 sedan!!

Great Car
By Lauren

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

When I bought my car it only had 28,000 miles on it. It had been sitting for a couple years so it needed new tires, brake work, and air conditioner fluid. Runs great, never has any problems. Drives extremely smooth. I usually get about 28 mpg. It was my first car. I'm a junior in high school and I'm sure this car will last me well through college.

Favorite Features

I love how great the car rides. Also, its very comfortable.

This car is JUNK
By Craig

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought it used and I have had it over 5 years. Gas mileage is not bad. The interior is OK. I have put brakes on it nearly every year. The A/C randomly stops working. The blower only works on 3 or higher. I have had coolant leaks. Now, my mechanic tells me there is nothing I can do to keep the engine from overheating. The body underneath the gas cap is rusted though. I have seen this on many Malibu's. The turn signals randomly stop working. Don't even think of buying this car, even as a transportation special.

Maliboooo! Bad Car!
By Malibu no more

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car had been horrible! Bought it used from a dealer and bought the extended warranty, that was lucky as the knocking and the leaking head gasket wrecked the engine. The insurance paid for its replacement. Then the second engine started doing the same thing! It made a loud knocking sound that "GM does not consider it a problem." Then it overheated and the mechanic did not think it is worth replacing this engine. So the car is junk. We have had the gas door rusting issue and the ignition switch not working issue,the and the turn signals not working issue too. The interior is cheap and we had to replace two speakers that failed. The fan motor does not work in the low speed settings

Favorite Features

The tires seem to wear out fast too.

Suggested Improvements

I would not buy from GM again until I see that they will stand behind their products! This car never should have left the factory! Make sure to buy an extended warranty!