Used 2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Goodbye Old Pal
By BOBB

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan

traded my 2000 Malibu for a 2010 HHR. Only has 48000 miles, but I never had anything close to a major problem with this car. For 9 years and 9 months it always got me where I wanted to go. It was a very luxurious car for the price I paid. For the last couple of years it sounded like there was a Mexican troope playing castanets in the engine, but I still got 24 miles per gallon. It was one of the best cars I've had and I'm 66 years old.

Big car feel. Good mileage for a 6.

Air vents need more adjustment positions. Had to close center vents to get good air flow to outer vents.

2000 Chevy Malibu
By Michael in Atlanta

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought this car in October 2000 and now at 107k, it has finally died. So many problems every 10,000 miles. Will not miss this vehicle. Wasted so much time and money on the vehicle. Not only will we NEVER purchase any GM product again, if we ever won one on a game show, we would sell it immediately or drive off a cliff. Good riddance to this piece of junk vehicle

Gets Me From A to B
By Jeff Mackin

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car has a decent amount of pep for a V6 engine. The ABS Brakes stink! Did I mention that I hate the ABS brakes??

The surprising pep of the 3.1 L V6 Engine.

More interior room, very cramped for a Mid-Size sedan. Lose the retarded ABS brakes, lack of head room, shoulder room, and leg room. Gas mileage should b MUCH better for a V6 sedan!!

Great Car
By Lauren

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

When I bought my car it only had 28,000 miles on it. It had been sitting for a couple years so it needed new tires, brake work, and air conditioner fluid. Runs great, never has any problems. Drives extremely smooth. I usually get about 28 mpg. It was my first car. I'm a junior in high school and I'm sure this car will last me well through college.

I love how great the car rides. Also, its very comfortable.

This car is JUNK
By Craig

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought it used and I have had it over 5 years. Gas mileage is not bad. The interior is OK. I have put brakes on it nearly every year. The A/C randomly stops working. The blower only works on 3 or higher. I have had coolant leaks. Now, my mechanic tells me there is nothing I can do to keep the engine from overheating. The body underneath the gas cap is rusted though. I have seen this on many Malibu's. The turn signals randomly stop working. Don't even think of buying this car, even as a transportation special.