2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Texas Malibu
By Texas Malibu Owner on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Malibu used with 23K miles because I needed some basic transportation on a budget. What I got was a bargain…so many features for so little money. I've had no problems at all with it (none, zero, nill), and I'm rough on cars. The A/C works great, despite the brutal Texas summers. It accelerates quickly for a basic four- door and handles quite well too. The ABS brakes work well and are very helpful. It's comfortable and roomy, and the looks are contemporary and stylish without going overboard. Definitely a great car for what I paid, I'd highly recommend it.

In my Opinion
By jw622 on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan

I purchased a used 2000 Malibu in March of 2001. Barely a year after I purchased it, it had to be in the shop three times in one month. First the check engine soon light kept coming on, next the cruise control would not stay ingaged, and now I have a gasket leak and am unable to get the part for a month. Other than the most recent problems, the Malibu is a nice car. Unless I have a lemon off the line, the integrity of the car needs to be improved. The Chevrolet warranty department is great, I haven't had to pay out of my own pocket yet. This car is great for people with a family.

How many trips to the dealer?
By More Brakes on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Rotors and pads and then again rotors and pads. FIVE TIMES! Not to mention a new front end, the list goes on and on. Several trips to the dealer What a loss I am taking on this car. Not such a great deal afterall.

I want my money back
By cammy on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan

I feel I spent too much on this car. I have a 2000 STD Malibu. I bought it for 12,000 with 31,000 miles on it. Everywhere I go I see this car and wonder why everyone has the same color as I do (maroon). I took it to the shop a month ago and found out that I need new tires. But of course, I cannot get the tires that they have on sale, oh no. Chevy decided to use oversized useless tires . I have to pay $300 for two tires that none of the brands will put a warrantly on. I still have not changed the old tires, and now they seem to be wobbling. On top of that, the engine is now starting to make a funny noise. I am scared to find out what the problem may be.

2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS Sedan
By kb2uoe on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Rides nice, basic transportation and reliable. No great shakes on the fancy stuff, even though it's an LS.

malibu
By jamoak on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Solid car. Bought it as a cheap comuter and have been pleasantly surprised.

malibu girl
By SLUgurl on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan

I like my malibu but I've had several problems with the brakes. Of course the dealership said it was a maintance problem and warranty wouldn't cover it (NEVER BUY FROM ROSS DOWNING IN HAMMOND,LA)! 5,000 miles later I'm having the same problem.

Car Performance
By cls on 03/04/02 21:37 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan

Uses too much fuel. Accelerates quickly. Be aware and conscious of speed of vehicle. Stopping suddenly is difficult while driving at anything over 35 mph.