Used 2000 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Love to drive it-just don't hit anything
By Paula Morra

2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

I am the second owner of my 2000 Malibu LS and I love it. The multi-adjustable drivers seat makes for very comfortable driving. It is a 6 cylinder so has good pickup and the engine runs quietly. The interior is nice and has extra storage in the console. However, the front end of this car has been wrecked twice, once by my daughter and once by myself. Both times we were traveling under 25 MPH. The other cars involved sustained very minimal damage. The Malibu however, sustained an awful lot of damage for the impact it incurred. The front bumper is plastic, therefore damages (falls partially off) very easily, along with some other parts of the front end, both times topping $3000 in damage.

My favorite features are the CD player, the maneuverability of the driver seat, and the roominess of the interior.

Do I have to say it? Definitely make the front end more sturdy.

My 'Bu
By JL

2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

The quality of this car is a major step up from Chevy cars of the past. Other than being on my 3rd set of brakes, I've had no major mechanical problems. I wouldn't have one without leather, a sunroof, and a spoiler because they really improve the look. I wish the leather seats were a little more comfortable. I have back pain during long rides. The resale on American cars is still poor. I'm trading mine in soon and after 5 years it will bring 1/10 of it's original sticker price. I think this car has held it's value better than that because mechanically it's very sound.

The spoiler and sunroof really improve the appearance. The V-6 has plenty to offer.

Better brake design. More supportive bucket seats. It doesn't really matter now because a new model is out.

Still Smiling
By VeryBlessed

2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

My wife and I have had this car for 5 years now. We actually bought it in Jan. of 2000 for a steal, $17,700 and the car is fully loaded! I have seen a lot of negative feedback on this car but mine has been a pleasure. We have been truly blessed to have such a dependable car. We have only had small problems such as the hazard light/turn light problem, air conditioning blower not working on 1 or 2, and the window motor broke down. All problems were fixed inexpensively after warranty expired. The car has close to 107,000 miles on it and we have only replaced the brake pads 3 times and no rotor damage at all!! God truly blessed us with this, from the price all the way to the reliabilty.

Leather Upholstry,Wood Grain Accents, Sunroof, Zippy V6 Engine, Ample Leg Room and Trunk Space, Power Everything, & ABOVE AVERAGE Factory Sound System

I'm sure they have corrected some of the minor quality issues in the later models but other than that this car is sweet.

Great Car
By JiggaWhat

2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

I'm a busy grad student and bought my Malibu for the overall value. I have leather seats (should be heated) A Sunroof, CD player, and rear spoiler. The engine has just enough pep to it to get by. However, GM did have a problem with the front rotors which i had to fix after only putting on an addition 10,000 miles from 35,000 - not fun for $300. Another flaw was the blower fan not working on settings 1 and 2 but you can replace the part yourself and it only cost 25 bucks at a parts shop. (this is a common problem with GM) Besides that no problems, so check the rotors and ask if the blower fan has been fixed and you should be in the clear. I highly recommend this car. Low Price, Great Value!!!

Sunroof, CD, Nice styling, Leather (clean with leather wipes once a month) Peppy engine, fog lights. Try to find more!

Fuel economy could be better, the rotor problem should be covered under warranty

Great Car
By Daveroni

2000 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan

Had a bad experience buying the car but loved it every since. We had problems with the rotors and pads in the beginning but that was under warranty. Then we had the fan control go out on us. Just recently we had the EGR valve go and have had a problem where the AC when it is on MAX it will all of the sudden shut down to the regular AC. But other than those we have been very happy with the car.

Ride and comfort, pleny of room in front and back, Fuel economy

None right now.