1999 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: So Sorry Now

1999 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

So Sorry Now
By So Sad on

1999 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1999 Malibu used. It was a toss up between a Malibu and an Alero. I should have gone with the Alero. The first three years were great. These last three years have been nothing but repair after repair. I have maxed out credit cards and my Malibu is still not fixed. It has been sitting in my garage since September of 2007. I don't dare drive it. I can not be guaranteed that it will start or that it will not stall while I am driving, as it has done on a number of occasions. I can't afford to have my mechanic try to fix what is wrong, even though it should be fixed by now after all the money he has charged me. He can't figure it out either.

I haven't been able to drive my Malibu for many months so I have no favorite features.

GM must take ownership of all the mechanical problems with the Malibus and help us poor Mailbu owners get the problems fixed for free. We have dished out enough money for repairs and the cars still don't run. I sure miss my 1989 Subarau.