1999 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: Very Good Quality Car! I Love

1999 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

LS Sedan (3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Very Good Quality Car! I Love It!
By malibuls1 on

1999 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

My grandma bought this car new with only a few miles. She wasn't easy on the car. She would run hard from red lights and the car pulled a big mountain 5 miles long and another 30 something every day for 11 years for her work. The car now has 207,500 miles on the original engine and transmission and STILL has great passing power! I am 18 and I bought this car from her last year. I take it on very long trips(200 miles at a time). People don't think it's reliable anymore with so many miles, but I feel very assured that it will get me there and back! It's a very pretty car and has great trunk and leg room! I think this car will reach 300,000 miles no problem. Quite on roads and rides very smooth

The 3100 SFI engine is nearly bulletproof! Has great passing power and overall power! The interior is sleek looking and the transmission shifts smooth. Very quite and and great car for road trips or a daily commute.

None! They made this car perfectly! The only thing that GM messed up on was the intake gasket in the engine. They made it with plastic and every single 3100 engine had to have that gasket replaced. But once you replace it with a new and improved one, that problem is solved.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review