1999 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: My baby

1999 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Review

My baby
By Laura on

1999 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan

I have had my Malibu for about 6 years now. I purchased it used basically good as new as it had only been driven for one year prior. It drives nice, is quite reliable and the factory speakers sound good. Although I have had to replace the brakes three times in the past two years. Other reviews mention the AC a lot, I have noticed my AC turning on and off on one occasion, and it has not acted up since. I wrecked the Malibu about a month ago going 45 mph, without a seatbelt on. I slammed on the brakes and the car skidded about 10 feet into the back of the car in front of me. Not sure what speed I was at when I hit the car, but airbags weren't deployed.

Good trunk space. Most people mistake my factory speakers for subs. Good acceleration, Very good handling. Seems to be more comfy if you are fairly short.

My ABS light turns on from time to time and I have taken it to get looked at, and was told that my ABS is fine. No one has an explanation.