Malibu: Reliable Car Packed w/ Features
By kevrupp on
1999 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan
This vehicle is very comfortable on long trips. You can pay several thousand more for less features and what some think is better quality (Camry or Accord), but I don't think they are worth it. The Malibu has proven to be reliable as far as ratings are concerned and for transportation for me over the 7 months that I have owned it. Another thing to consider when buying a car in this class is the price to repair it. The parts needed to repair a Camry or Accord can be very expensive compared to the Malibu, when something does go wrong.
Favorite Features
Lots of features for the price, good acceleration, good handling, perfect size, good stereo sound quality, good gas mileage (20/29), large trunk, plenty of legroom/headroom in front and back, interior and exterior appearance.
Suggested Improvements
I haven't had any brake problems- either I got lucky or I don't brake too hard. The only problem I have had was one of the four brake lights was not working. I bought new left-side circuit board from dealer for $50 and installed it myself easily.