1999 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: Its 3/5/2010 and I have driven

1999 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Review

Its 3/5/2010 and I have driven+236,000m
By Jeremy on

1999 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

On 3/5/2010 I have driven 236,000 plus miles in this car. Over 22K/yr. I have had to do some maintenance but nothing more than usual. The only major repair is the new transmission at 170K. This has been an extremely reliable car throughout and I obviously do a lot of driving and has been comfortable to travel in, I am 6'5" 260lbs so I need some space and this car has plenty. Radio works fine, Blows cold AC, down here in Florida that helps.I had to car in Ohio for the first 10 yrs of its life and the ice/snow/salt did nothing to the outside or anything. Did well in the snow could not be happier with this car overall.I mean everyone has something to complain about but I got my $'s worth

Favorite Features

The ride is nice, the design was also nice.I loved the head room and power seats.The factory radio and speakers are still kickin'. I really liked almost everything.

Suggested Improvements

my gear shift knob has come off i wish those were made to last longer than 236,000 miles......LOL for real this is a well made car. I am gonna try and make tit to 300K or higher. Everyone thinks I am nuts but its not giving me any trouble. My driver seat is going out b/c I sat in it a lot....