Indestructible
By carmaster2000 on
1999 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan
I bought this car 3 years ago with 117,000 miles on it for $2000 which was a great deal. Now I have 192,000 miles on it and it is still running well. It has been through 3 hellish Wisconsin winters and has always performed well in the snow without traction control. The interior is roomy and comfortable, and it rides smoothly with decent acceleration. On this old car, with 25k miles a year, the only problems I have ever had are: -The blower motor took a crap and had to be replaced. 80 bucks no big deal. -It has the infamous rusty spot below the gas cap. -Had to replace faulty O2 sensor. Really this car has been through so much, long trips, extreme heat/cold, it has been very good to me
Favorite Features
Leather seating is comfortable and interior is roomy, good handling with virtually no torque steering problems and rides smoothly. Roomy trunk and rear seating, extremely reliable engine with reliable components. This car has not been treated nicely here in Wisconsin, and it has been nothing but good to me.
Suggested Improvements
For goodness sake that rust spot under the gas cap area is on every late 90's/early 2000's Malibu I see. Also I have noticed on a lot of them as well they could use improvement on the HVAC system, with faulty toggle switches/blower motors all around.