Used 1999 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews - 141 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Awesome car, never had trouble
By raavango

1999 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Awsesome car, never had any issue up until the 160000 miles that I put on the vehicle

Pickup, seating comfort, looks

None

Don't buy one New or Used
By Chevy Malibu Garbage

1999 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I brought my 99 Malibu LS in September 2007 after my beloved Saturn was totaled. So far in the shop more then 17 times in a row! I should have bought that Saturn L200 in the lot! So far 2 head gaskets, radio knobs fell off, stalls out when ever it wants, under powered V6! Gas guzzler, paint uninspiring! Never like Chevy or GM but the only GM I will buy again is Saturn! I also replaced my starter 2 times and the keyless entry broke as well. Seat comfort gets uncomforable after driving! Now I'm saving for a 2009 car but definitely will not be a Malibu!

Sunroof, CD/tape player, space

Everything

On the Fence
By klutz27

1999 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan

There are things I love about my car, like the get up and go on the highway others I hate. I have the Opal blue, and with the coolant issue, FL sunshine and bug issues, the paint on my hood is toast (talked to others with GM color who've had same issue) Like others I've had the coolant leak,but no brake problems, I'm on the 3rd A/C switch since I bought with 8000 miles on it. (program car)had the tensioner problem and gasket issue and the ABS light issue. I have a leak somewhere in the windshield fluid reservoir no one can find (& labor to pull it is way too much now.) CD's get condensation with the A/C on hi (I'm in FL) and now will not work at all. Was great as 1st car, but ready for new

Many cup holders! My AC (when it works) is ice cold

Fix the gasket/coolant issue. Better insulate the CD player, headlight turn-off, more leg room for over 6'5" hubby

Malibu
By Waggs2008

1999 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 99 Malibu for $400. I couldn't pass it up even though I read on here before I got it, and so far mine has had head gasket problems. It runs good and I think the v6 has enough power. The car was wrecked but put back together somewhat when I got it. Still needs paint job and windshield. The CD player plays when it wants too. Same with the sunroof, it's power and it doesn't wanna close all the time. Handles pretty good. Rust around the gas cap.

Automatic head lights.CD player. Power everything, even my seat. Leather seats. Seems to be roomy. Fold down back seats.

Fix the rust problems!

Not Recommened
By clarkj_18

1999 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan 4dr Sedan

I got my 99 Chevy Malibu in 2002 with about 110,000 miles on it. It now has 170,000 on it. Within these past few years I have replaced more in this car then i had paid for it. The first thing i had to replace was the starter, followed by the headgasket, radiator, timing chain, brakes at least 4 times in a year. Hoses which are cheap and are mostly easy to replace, but I've had a couple go. This car is very comfortable and roomy but in my experience is not reliable at all.