1998 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: Thank Goodness for warrantees

1998 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

Thank Goodness for warrantees You need i
By at on

1998 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

I was very disappointed with this purchase, and because it lost value so quickly, I feel strange trading it in... I have taken this vehicle in about 8 times for front end work all under warrantee, but now i'm starting to wonder... 1. control arm in front (sqeak within the first 4k miles), 2. bushings in back (sqeaking on a new car?), 3. three sets of disc rotors (they warped under the weight of the vehicle), 4. engine mounts collapsed, 5. head gasket (coolant spilling into engine!), 6. rear electric window problem (did not fix), 7. unexpected bad handling in windy conditions, 8. front end shaking at Hwy speeds. I wish I had bought a HONDA ACCORD -- it still would be worth a few BUCKS!

good accelration, love the smooth shifting, that's why I got it!, features and confort

BETTER ENGINEERING! I've been told that the 1999 and later years problems were fixed. I bet GM has lost alot of money on these vehicles -- they sure needed a lot of warrantee work -- I talked to the service people...