Plesantly Surprised
By Jay Mack on
1998 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan
I drove 3 Hondas and 2 Camrys with 100K- 120K miles. They all showed every mile and were priced from $6K - $8.6K. Bah! Way overrated. This Malibu with 105K mi. for $3,200 with house warrenty. He fixed brakes and a spring. Drives like a new car! Much tighter than any of the imports I tried. This is the best car deal I've gotten. It gets an honest 26 mpg. Sound system is factory upgrade and very acceptable. Nice, functional interior. I like the 4 cyl. twincam just fine. More power than the competition. No flaws yet. Great car. I'm pleased and getting another.
Favorite Features
View over the hood. Lots of leg room for long reach driver. Light and agile and peppy for an econobox, even with automatic. Very reasonable on the used market compared to the Hondas, Camerys, etc. Half the price. Supportive suspension. Lots of standard features.
Suggested Improvements
One word. Manual transmission. I admit that this car harkens back to my beloved 1980 Citation, with a manual. I liked it, too. This'd be a fun, inexpensive sporty sedan set up that way. Brakes have to be kept an eye on. Nothing special there. Standard features don't include cruise control.