1998 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: My Love/Hate Relationship with

1998 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

LS Sedan (3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic)

My Love/Hate Relationship with my Malibu
By lovenhateit on

1998 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my car used in 2002 with 27,000 miles. I am so glad I opted for the extended warranty. The first thing to go were the brakes, of which I was warned. My A/C switch drives me insane (have had it replaced once already), my theft light randomly comes on when I start my car, my windshield wipers move at whatever speed they choose, and I now have a mysterious humming sound coming from the front right, which according to other reviews, seems to be the right front speed sensor/hub. I have also replaced the fuel pump. I however, haven't had intake manifold or alternator problems..YET..What an insult to take my car in for service only to be told that it is common... shame on GM...

Despite all my gripes, I can't help but love this car. It is very comfortable and roomy, and I love little features like the driver side cupholder in the dash. No engine or transmission problems, in fact, it is very powerful and smooth.

To GM: If you have a problem - FIX IT and move on. Seems like it would save a lot of $$ for you (and us) in the long run.