My Love/Hate Relationship with my Malibu
By lovenhateit on
1998 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan
I bought my car used in 2002 with 27,000 miles. I am so glad I opted for the extended warranty. The first thing to go were the brakes, of which I was warned. My A/C switch drives me insane (have had it replaced once already), my theft light randomly comes on when I start my car, my windshield wipers move at whatever speed they choose, and I now have a mysterious humming sound coming from the front right, which according to other reviews, seems to be the right front speed sensor/hub. I have also replaced the fuel pump. I however, haven't had intake manifold or alternator problems..YET..What an insult to take my car in for service only to be told that it is common... shame on GM...
Favorite Features
Despite all my gripes, I can't help but love this car. It is very comfortable and roomy, and I love little features like the driver side cupholder in the dash. No engine or transmission problems, in fact, it is very powerful and smooth.
Suggested Improvements
To GM: If you have a problem - FIX IT and move on. Seems like it would save a lot of $$ for you (and us) in the long run.