From a College Commuter
By alirios on
1998 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan
I bought this car for around $3500 and it is definitely worth it. It's alright on gas. I work weekends and put 32 miles in total on that travel. Then, I put around 40 miles throughout the week and only put $17 of gas weekly. I've had this car for some time now and the only thing wrong with it was a little ring piece for the A/C which the mechanic fixed for free during an alignment/oil change. The A/C blows nice and the size of the car is good enough to fit 5 people max. I plan on getting to the 200,000 mark from it's current 128,000. Just perform general maintenance of your car and don't be and idiot and this car will treat you with respect.
Favorite Features
A/C, remote lock, and power windows and driver seat. Also, I like how I can fit my spare tire in a hidden compartment in the trunk. It allows you to store the spare in the trunk without it taking up any space. The v6 engine is nice too, it's good to know your car has power just in case you need. (Driving and stopping up hills with a 4 cylinder is not fun.)
Suggested Improvements
Nothing really. Maybe more miles for your gas, but I guess you can say that with most cars. I'm loving this car.