don't buy it!
By tessnluke on
1998 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan
I bought this car used when it was only 2 years old and had low mileage. Nothing but problems with it. it was absolutely horrible. I must have spent thousands on repair and maintenance on this over the years, I couldn't wait to get rid of it.
Favorite Features
the interior looks really nice. the seats were comfortable, fully loaded it has nice features. the V6 has power, fun to drive in that regard. you can pull out in front of someone and take off like a bolt no problem. WHEN it's working/running well.
Suggested Improvements
where to start. I had to replace the fuel injection system, the motor mounts, a cracked block, the alternator, starter, battery and battery cables, brakes and rotors twice, tuned it up about 3-4 times and i faithfully got oil changes. Everytime i turned around this car had something wrong with it. it was horrible. Thank got for AAA! I'm sure I'm probably forgetting something else i replaced. I finally got rid of it when the engine started to lose compression. My mechanic said get rid of it ASAP it's gonna go. and that was it. got rid of it the next week and went with a TOYOTA! no more american cars for me, they just aren't relaible.