1998 Chevy Malibu base model
By Rodney Gipson on
1998 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan
My wife and I purchased this car 6 years ago with much research and a visit to the auto show. We've had some problems here and there, master cylinder, engine computer system replacement, alternator. These repairs were spread out over the six years.We originally wanted a Camry but it would have cost $24,000 compared to 18,500 we paid for the Malibu. Even with the above mentioned repairs, this car has been excellent considering it's been our only car. Both my wife and I drive this car everyday and it gets driven quite a bit every day. The gas milage is still great, and highway performance is excellent. Had we had a second car this car would be in mint condition. Still happy with this car.
Favorite Features
Roomy, plenty of rear seat room. Nice trunk (I use it to hall my keyboard and amplifier)V6 is powerfull yet fuel efficient. Starts everyday for six years. Heating and air is great. Repairs are relativley cheap. Rock solid.
Suggested Improvements
Better sound system, security system is not easy to understand and operate. Roof leaks in the rear seats(rear widows)