1997 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: I will miss it!

1997 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

I will miss it!
By Sonia Q on

1997 Chevrolet Malibu 4dr Sedan

My very first car. The re-introduction of the classic Malibu, great looking body style, and good price got my attention. Since purchasing in '97, I put on 78,000 miles on it. Although it was 4 cyl. and no frills, it fulfilled its purpose to get me around but it also looked stylish (I have gold color). The car never left me stranded BUT, for the last 7K miles, I've had a water pump leak problem.

The exterior style-the gold color looks very stylish with tint. Very roomy back seat and very nice looking cloth interior(beige). I also liked the convenience of the left cup holder and the option to put on fog lights. I never did it but you can also get a spoiler to make it look even better.

Fix the water pump/gasket leak problem! Bottom line, all Chevy dealers know what the problem is but very costly to fix, and once you think it's repaired, it'll come back to haunt you! I replaced the water pump twice and it still didn't go away until I fixed the gasket. Also, lots of wind noise.