Lame-mobile
By kmduym on
2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
My husband and I purchased this car just over a year ago. We should have kept shopping. This vehicle is incredibly boring. From the exterior, it looks promising as a cute, responsible hatchback from an American-made car company. We had visions of fuel economy cresting 30mpg. We have held consistent at 21mpg. I would understand the low mpg's if the 6-cylinder could actually haul -- but it drives like a dog. Furthermore, the handling is so poor, with an overbearing torque-steer that sends you into a.) oncoming traffic or b.) the ditch. Not worth the money. Boring to drive. Cheaply made (rreeaallllyy cheaply made). A true disappointment.
Favorite Features
Huge backseat. Great for all those kids and passengers I don't carry. ... Honestly can't think of anything I would consider a "favorite" -- I am pleased that is hasn't stalled or thrown me off a bridge with the rubber-band, mamby-pamby steering. Oh wait! I love the remote start. Almost forgot because I have a garage and don't actually need to use it unless I'm walking to my car in a parking lot and feel like looking like a toolbag by pre-starting my car for the 50 feet that separates us.
Suggested Improvements
Although it's obvious there were too many improvements needed to be made, as Chevy ceased production of this fail-mobile, here's what I would change: Improve transmission, mpg, hardware, hatch logistics, cheap doors, steering, idiot light messages, wiper speeds, horse power, ... this is going to take all day. This car is just really lame and I feel empathy towards anyone else who was suckered into thinking this was a cool hatchback capable of getting good mpgs, being zippy (6 cylinder, hello, give me a little thrill) while looking moderately-stylish. This vehicle is cheap, non-impressive in fuel economy, and drives like a 3 cylinder Geo Tracker from the early 90's. Keep shopping!!