Another American Built Lemon
By Lee on
2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
After driving foreign built vehicles for the last 18 years, I came across this car at $3000 below blue book and bought it. Had I bothered to check that this garbage can had depreciated $15000 in 3 years, I would have passed. But alas, I didn't, and now I have the pleasure of fixing all the KNOWN GM design problems in the steering column, brake rotors, steering rack, and struts. I have had 1960 era cars with better steering and suspension systems. Of course because GMC is an American company, it is based on greed and not customer care; they refuse to fix/recall any of these problems because not enough people have died in the car. I look forward to the day when I can unload this lemon!
Favorite Features
Engine has good power, unfortunately you're so worried that the electric steering is going to fail and send you into oncoming traffic that you never really care to drive the car too fast.
Suggested Improvements
Where to begin: Improvements in the car would be to install a hydraulic power steering system, redesign brake/suspension/steering column. Fix creaks & rattles in interior.