Used 2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:

Still love it after 3+ years
By susieQ

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Found it on the dealer lot by accident. Didn't know this car was made. Perfect fit for me, love the adjustable pedals and dash lay out. Fog light knob could be easier to find. Hatch sometimes relocks before I get to it. Lots of back seat room for passengers. Lots of cargo space. Travel with 2 small dogs in a large kennel in the folded down rear space. I still have room to get in back and let them out of kennel with veh doors closed. Smooth ride, handles well. Backed out of a ditch using traction control; couldn't have done that with my other cars. I drive 60% highway 40% city ave. 25.8 highway; 21.5 in city. The SS has great pick up. Very sad it is not made any longer as I would buy it again!

Great vehicle for a smaller person. Easy to reach to hand wash. Adjustable pedals. Easy load hatch. Lots of cargo room, with comfortable roomy passenger compartment. Easy to back into small parking spaces.

Check why hatch door sometimes relocks before I can get to it to lift it up.

Feeling mixed about the Maxx
By HeatherBrooks

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I fell for this car when I found it in the used section of the dealership over a year ago. The XM radio, the wood trim (although it's fake), the zippy way it drives, the dvd player, the two sun roofs... all so neat! But the Maxx has been plagued with problems - mainly electrical. And I have been driving for 10 years with no problems with blowing out the tires, but I have gone through 4 different tires on this car apparently due to my driving (I was driving trucks before). I'm not sure that I would buy this car again. I think I would go for a Honda or Toyota (sorry Detorit).

DVD player (although not currently working on my car), moon roof over back seat, back seats fold down, fun to drive

I'm no electrical engineer, but some where along the way, they didn't do a soild job on this car. Different features take turns not working (i.e., keyless entry, rear door, dvd player.)

Sports-sedan
By Manfred-J- Hinz

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I replaced a 2004 Maxx with this 2007 Maxx SS. I was, and am, totally satisfied with the car. Finally a great eye-appealing sport sedan from GM and Chevy decides not to build this model for the 2008 Line-up. To limit production of this model to 3 years is questionable.

Performance, eye-appeal

Rear air ducts/diffusers and some real wood trim as part of the dash