2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
Great Car!
By nydogboy on 10/10/12 21:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

97,000 miles later I've realized this is best car ever. The V-6 is quick, yet I get 31mpg at 74mph. A trip from NY to New Orleans and back netted 29.2 mpg and I admit to hitting 90mph a couple of times. Replaced front and rear brakes at 85k. Absolutely no problems. I live in Syracuse where 40% of the cars are rusted. My 6 year old Maxx has no rust. Get one! I will definitely get 200,000 miles from this car.

But a better car.
By buzzcut73 on 09/19/12 13:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Maxx since early 2008. I have had many problems with this car. The front end shakes violently when braking (I tried new pads, discs, tires, resurfacing, inspections...etc...) The Maxx has electrical issues with wipers, fuel caps, temp sensors, map sensors, security system, etc... I would recommend considering a different car. I am surprised this car received the accolades that it did, there seems to be no reason to own it.

Very good car in a dull package.
By paul_jacob on 03/19/12 16:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I got this car out of necessity for a reliable, practical, and efficient car. It fits this build very well. The Maxx draws only a few looks from it's exterior, but to some, it is a rather good looking car (remember, we're not shopping for a coupe here). The interior is a bit bland, although everything is easy to use and functional. Interior quality will rival most competitors and is a big step up from the previous generation. Front seats are very comfortable although a bit flat, and rear leg room will beat much larger cars. I'm getting 30 mpg with about 80/20 highway/city. Driver feedback is minimal and leaves a lot to be desired. The 5 speed transmission is very good.

First american car Chevy Malibu
By ryanbowman77 on 05/24/11 20:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I like the for getting me to school and it has been reliable since ibought it 4.5 months ago. My Mazda 6 would take anyday over the Malibu The outside is plane no nice lines and the interior look like a 3 year old drew it out

Lame-mobile
By kmduym on 03/19/11 15:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I purchased this car just over a year ago. We should have kept shopping. This vehicle is incredibly boring. From the exterior, it looks promising as a cute, responsible hatchback from an American-made car company. We had visions of fuel economy cresting 30mpg. We have held consistent at 21mpg. I would understand the low mpg's if the 6-cylinder could actually haul -- but it drives like a dog. Furthermore, the handling is so poor, with an overbearing torque-steer that sends you into a.) oncoming traffic or b.) the ditch. Not worth the money. Boring to drive. Cheaply made (rreeaallllyy cheaply made). A true disappointment.

Total garbage, run away!!!
By stevenhmiller on 01/06/11 19:22 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Cheaply made and GM will not stand behind their product. Steering making bad clunking noise since about 9000 miles. Dealer claims cannot reproduce every time I brought it, which was at least 9 times. Once the warranty expired, suddenly they had no problem reproducing the issue. GM will not repair free of charge, even though I've been complaining about the issue for 3 years! Many others are complaining about the same issue with the same results. There were service bulletins for the 2004-2006 Maxx with the same problem. They refuse to issue one for the 2007. They're going to wait until someone is killed when the steering fails. Also, many other problems. FORGET THIS CAR, IT'S GARBAGE!!!

Great Car
By Phil H on 06/24/10 16:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it with 17,000 miles on it and have put another 60k on it. Great performer, 28-30 mpg in rural area, yet very peppy. Very versatile layout. Don't like rear skylights with curtains as the curtains sag since won't roll up tight. I also don't like the seats which are like a Saab with no lumbar support. Have only had to replace the outside mirror switch, but the fit and finish is only average.

Still love it after 3+ years
By susieQ on 05/05/10 10:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Found it on the dealer lot by accident. Didn't know this car was made. Perfect fit for me, love the adjustable pedals and dash lay out. Fog light knob could be easier to find. Hatch sometimes relocks before I get to it. Lots of back seat room for passengers. Lots of cargo space. Travel with 2 small dogs in a large kennel in the folded down rear space. I still have room to get in back and let them out of kennel with veh doors closed. Smooth ride, handles well. Backed out of a ditch using traction control; couldn't have done that with my other cars. I drive 60% highway 40% city ave. 25.8 highway; 21.5 in city. The SS has great pick up. Very sad it is not made any longer as I would buy it again!

Problems already
By Mike 123 on 10/15/08 19:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car used from a dealership, with 32k miles on it. I also own a 2005 Malibu sedan. I immediately noticed a clunking sound coming from the steering column when turning the wheel at low speeds. This is a sound I also noticed in my 2005 Malibu. I took it back to the dealer and they had to lubricate the intermediate shaft in the steering column. The shades to the sunroof also broke, so they ordered new ones for me as well. The car is comfortable, rides well and has good acceleration with the 3.5 liter V6. I don't understand how some people here are getting 29 mpg however, because I am getting about 18 mpg in mostly city driving. Disappointing mileage.

Best Bang for the buck
By jim on 02/17/08 04:00 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car while I was a salesman at the dealer. Knowing the whole product line, I knew the best value when I saw it. The car has been great. 33.9 mpg on a recent trip to Florida, great in snow. Best brakes I've ever had on a car, great power and economy, cavernous storage space, comfortable seating and great stereo. The rear roof window shades could have been designed better, and there is a noise in the front end over bumps, other than that, no complaints, I'd buy another one in a minute. I'm on the road a lot in sales, and since the maxx is no longer available, my next car will probably be an Impala LT with leather.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.