This is a terrific mid-sized car!
By MKD on
2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LTZ 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I’ve owned my Maxx for two months and love it. I had to replace my 270,000 mi. BMW 318is commuter car and needed great gas mileage and four doors. I looked at Vibes and Mazda 3 wagons but liked the Maxx better. This car has exceeded my expectations! It has comfortable seats with lots of leg room, sun roofs front and back and the rear seat audio controls and headphones keep the kids busy and happy. The hatch area holds all our stuff. It is a fun car to drive. I like the power steering. Average mileage is 26/33 city/highway. Some don’t like the looks of the car but I do. This is a real winner! GM should build it with the new Malibu styling. Now that would be fantastic!
Favorite Features
Good balance of engine power and gas economy - both are very good. Roominess throughout. Passenger comfort can't be beat. Stereo controls for driver and rear seat are nice. I'm sure I'll like the remote start this winter as well as the heated seats. I love this car!
Suggested Improvements
I wish it had an MP3 connection for the stereo. Auto dimming rear view mirror. A better coin storage area. A heads-up display (OK, now I'm really reaching).