My Mad Maxx
By tigerteacher on
2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
Bought my Malibu Maxx as a replacement for a much larger car that was totaled in an accident. Went to purchase an SUV, but when I drove the Maxx, it was sold. Great room; lots of cargo capacity; great mpg; easy to get my toddler in and out; inexpensive maintenance. My family has owned many Chevy's and several Honda's and Nissan's. So far we are very pleased overall with this purchase. It was a CPO with extended warranty and I got a GREAT price. I have a 60 mile commute each day and my Maxx handles it with ease.
Favorite Features
Hatch is easy to load; rear sunroof gets raves from passengers; rear seat adjusts; great mileage - 22 mpg in town and 28 to 30 mpg on the highway. Luxury car ride. Everyone that rides in it can't believe its a Chevy, they think it is an expensive import.
Suggested Improvements
The A/C died after 70K miles and cost $1100 to repair! OUCH! Also, the steering is electric and can make some scary sounds; I am wait for it to die as I have read about. Needs an iPod interface. HUGE blind spots. Make sure and leave rear seats down if possible for visibility. Why did GM stop Maxx