2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Review: My Mad Maxx

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback - Consumer Review

My Mad Maxx
By tigerteacher on

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Malibu Maxx as a replacement for a much larger car that was totaled in an accident. Went to purchase an SUV, but when I drove the Maxx, it was sold. Great room; lots of cargo capacity; great mpg; easy to get my toddler in and out; inexpensive maintenance. My family has owned many Chevy's and several Honda's and Nissan's. So far we are very pleased overall with this purchase. It was a CPO with extended warranty and I got a GREAT price. I have a 60 mile commute each day and my Maxx handles it with ease.

Hatch is easy to load; rear sunroof gets raves from passengers; rear seat adjusts; great mileage - 22 mpg in town and 28 to 30 mpg on the highway. Luxury car ride. Everyone that rides in it can't believe its a Chevy, they think it is an expensive import.

The A/C died after 70K miles and cost $1100 to repair! OUCH! Also, the steering is electric and can make some scary sounds; I am wait for it to die as I have read about. Needs an iPod interface. HUGE blind spots. Make sure and leave rear seats down if possible for visibility. Why did GM stop Maxx

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review