Maxx-imum Overdrive
By Shazzy V. on
2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)
I've owned this car for almost three years now. I originally fell in love with its sporty look, large, comfortable interior and huge storage ability. I have not been disapointed too much with this vehicle. I've had a really annoying rattle in the front dash since day One, but of course Chevy mechanics "Could not duplicate the problem." I talked them into replacing the heater motor and the rattle is still there. Also hate the brakes -- need to change them often and way underpowered for the car. And now my sunroof will not close when open unless I manually guide it in. I also get cruddy gas mileage, but I do have the larger 3.9 v-6, so I guess the extra performance outweighs fuel economy.
Favorite Features
Roomy interior, very cool styling for SUV crossover, 18" tires and wheels look great, amazing rear seat leg room, lots of storage space, side air bags for safety.
Suggested Improvements
Better brakes. I'm trying to teach my teenage sons how to drive in the car and they keep underestimating the braking distance which is a lot farther than any other car I ever drove.