2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Review: Laser Blue Malibu Maxx SS

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Review

SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Laser Blue Malibu Maxx SS
By Nate on

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Love the engine power and options. The contrasting stitching on the seats and steering wheel is nice. It's an extremely versatile vehicle that has great performance and fuel economy. On average, I get about 22 MPG with mostly highway driving (pretty acceptable as the 2007 is rated at 24 MPG highway). The Laser Blue looks great but, according to my dealer, is hard to match if you need paint work done. After 1.5 years, I've only had to deal with a burnt out taillight bulb. I didn't really like the sunroof deflector that was made of a mesh material, so I removed it and put on the factory sunroof deflector from the '05 Malibu.

18 inch ultrabright wheels, huge dual exhaust outlets, exterior styling, interior comfort, safety features, versatility, rear spoiler

Needs an autodimming mirror as an option in the SS and heated seats. A 5 or 6 speed automatic would have been nice but I guess we'll have to wait for the 2008 Malibu for the 6 speed auto. Needs an integrated window antenna and MP3 capability.