Used 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:

Underrated Excellent Competitor
By Linda

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Maxx is a mini-Saab. Good foreign feel, interior a bit basic. If Chevy invested in upgraded interior materials this car can compete with imports hands down. Good mileage, great pickup excellent style. I researched BMW, Saab, Volkswagon Wagons Maxx best value for the dollar. Just wish the interior could compete with imports.

Great hatchback access, good legroom for front and back seating during distance travelling good gas mileage. Good handling in snow.

If backseats could fold down and flip into space behind front seats thus providing greater cargo space for wagon.

Horrible Interior Quality
By Andre Garcia

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car with 8K Miles, when the car reached 12K Miles door panels (door seams) started to turn yellow because of poor quality material used, dealership claims that this is normal wear. Multiple other problems, noises and ratles inside the car. Many of the problems are still there, GM customer service says they can't do anything since the dealer said its normal wear and tear. The car itself is good, but I will have to sell it soon, before the whole interios falls apart. Will never buy another Chevrolet, no wonder they are in such financial problems. Would not recomend this car to anyone.

Gas mileage, great engine.

Better transmission (shifts hard from 1st to 2nd), and let someone from a European brand build the interior. Horrible quality

Awesome car
By Scortch

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with this car when I saw it and drove it. I had been doing research on the net and narrowed it down to a few cars but the Maxx was my choice. Nice car to drive, has the power and comfort. Some have problems with the steering but I thought the steering was just fine. No worst to me than any other.

Adjustable pedals by far, hatchback, removable/washable cup holders, rear wiper, interior design and placement of controls and other items. Exterior looks. Well designed vehicle.

Bring back the Maxx for 2008 and on. The mini storage on the dash at the driver's front left knee could have been done a lot better. Mine wouldn't stay closed and contantly had to replace the velcro that held it shut.

Malibu to the Maxx
By Jason

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is great. I was surprised by the amount of space. I especially love the hatchback. This is a great family car for a medium income family.

Lots of room! Rear sun roofs. Radio controls are on the steering wheel. The back seats lay down for extra room if you need to haul something. Great all around vehicle.

More durable shades for the rear sun roofs. Seats could be more comfortable. Difficult to see blind spots.

Great to the MAXX!
By itsmebc

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. After owning Honda Accords and Nissan Maximas for years, my wife and I were looking at small SUV's. However, the insurance and MPG were not up to snuff for someone with a 60 mile commute. This car gets over 30 mpg on the highway and 25 in town. It is very roomy and comfy. The backseat has more room than my mother-in-law's Town Car! Great sound system. Got a great deal and is a CPO. I teach school and the other teachers are jealous. I don't know why Chevy has kept this one a secret. Too bad it won't be back for 2008. The hatchback and adjustable rear seat are great. I love the remote start!

Remote start; gas mileage; practical hatchback that looks like a car; cool rear sunroofs; great sound system - love the RDS; quiet ride; tons of room.

I have a noise coming from the dashboard. I will have the dealership check it at next service. The powersteering groans at times. Huge blindspots on both sides; I keep the rear seats folded most of the time for visibility. I wish the CD player would play PC burned CD's or had an MP3 input.