2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
Best Car
By hogan035 on 04/15/06 12:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This bye far is the best car I have ever owned. Great room, performance, gas mileage, and i like the style of it even though some say they don't, I see these Malibu Maxx's all over town now, only a few in Dec of 05 but now i see them all the time, so they must be selling well. The standard features cannot be beaten in my opinion, car starter etc. and the sound system is the best i have ever had in a new car it is just awesome and will blow most aftermarket systems away in my opinion. My car is very quiet and comfortable on the road, city or highway . For those thinking about this car try it i think you will be presently surprised it is a great car for the price and features.

A nightmare from GM
By George on 04/11/06 04:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car, went "American" despite advice of friends. Major reliabilty problems from the start (the body control module went out after 3 weeks, could have had a major loss of all electrical functions at high speed!)compounded by the absolute worst, rudest service (had my wife in tears) I have ever received from any company of any kind, ever. The steering is barely adequate and the brakes are dangerously slow. Their are some good features about this car, but overall it has been a disaster, and GM as a supporting company a nightmare. We found out first-hand why they are going broke.

Maxx SS
By Scuba Steve on 03/26/06 08:16 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has all the pizazz and good looks anybody could ask for. Performance wise this car is very quick and responsive the auto/manual shifting is smooth as silk. About the only thing I can say is a drawback is the turning radius, it is a long car, but that has its benefits too in the amenities dept. this vehicle exceeds all expectations. If you test drive one of these vehicles be prepared to be impressed, I was, so I bought one and I love it.

Went for a Brake Job!
By Dog Transporter on 02/02/06 16:05 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had no intention of buying a new car - was just killing time waiting for an estimate on a brake job on an Alero when I wandered into the lot. Did not need a new car - could not afford a new car but I bought the perfect car! I do animal rescue and transport - the Malibu Maxx is perfect! Great fuel ecomony and I have had up to 17 crated dogs in the vechile and still had room to spare. I could not be happier!

Great car
By jamie on 01/30/06 12:12 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is one everyone should test drive. During the time I've had this car we've made 2 long highway trips and the mileage averaged 28.5. Around town we average about 23-24. I'm 6'3" tall and this car has plenty of room for me in the front or back. Great car if you have a couple kids. I'm pleased with the performance and driveability of this car. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a roomy car.

Malibu LTZ to the MAXX
By Kevin on 01/25/06 22:12 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LTZ 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the best kept secrets at your local Chevy dealer. The quality, ride, interior function are world class. Chevrolet market needs to get the word out on this one. We drove the Maxx from Ohio to Fla in December and average 31 mpg! Tons of room and teenage sons and friend love the room.

I Love the Maxx
By Dave on 12/07/05 23:18 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great car: just had a safe comfortable trip to Chicago and back to NYC through bad weather (high wind, snow and rain) both ways. Car was stable, super-fast and comfortable. Many great features come standard on this car, tons of interior space. You'll be surprised by it's quality. Been getting a lot of compliments on the styling too. And probably best of all, my wife is really comfortable driving the Maxx.

Maxx
By Rich Alvarez on 11/05/05 22:53 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Other than minor details such as seat adjustment and cd changer, we are really enjoying our Maxx we've just celebrated 2 months driving it and we have recommended it to many of our friends. 2 Thumbs up... No I do not work for Chevrolet..

Just bought her- luv her to death
By jeffmiller on 11/01/05 17:24 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

So far, I am thrilled to have this vehicle. The positives are too numerous to mention all, but overall- performance in drivability, comfort, stereo, seating, utility all are an A= for this style & class.

Fun, and stylish "family" car
By saskatooner on 10/26/05 22:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was reluctant to get into a "sedan" since I gravitate toward the smaller, zippy foreign economy cars but I kept seeing these new Maxx's around and was struck by how cool they looked from the back. I decided on a whim to give it a test drive. It was so comfortable and felt so much more substantial than the other smaller cars I test drove. I've had it for 6 months now and can say that I'm loving this car. It also gets very decent gas mileage.. Not quite the 28 shown on the sticker..I'm averaging about 26 on the highway, but I'll take that.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.