Used 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:

My Maxx
By moehrked

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LTZ 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Malibu Maxx in mid 2006 because I wanted better gas mil3age. Well, I got it! I drive from Leland NC to Myrtle Beach SC about 2 to 3 times a month, and I manage to get 30 to 32 mpg. I can get 30 mpg at 65 mph easily. I must say that I do love this car. All I have ever done so far to this car is change the oil when it tells me to and rotate the tires when it tells me to. I have OnStar maintance package and so far that is all that has be noted.

Factory installed remote start! Love it. The climate control A/C and heat, and the radio. Lots of storage room, and cargo room.

Heated outside rear mirrors. Please, Please bring back the Maxx for 2008 and beyond!

Love to the Maxx
By Buy American

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Got a great deal for this 2 year old Maxx with 21,000 miles on it. Great car to drive. I had read the reviews about the steering feeling wierd, uh what are you talking about? This car handles great. The power is incredible. The Chevy maxx is a great utilitarian car. Oh and I am averaging 28 miles per gallon in mixed driving.

The powerful engine is great. Fun to drive The driver information center. Seats are very comfortable I get a lot of compliments

Interior could be of better quality but who's complaining at this price

My favorite of all
By TJENKINS

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking to buy a crossover SUV like a Nissan Murrano but when I found the Maxx I looked no more! I get the feel of a crossover with the fuel economy of a car and the safety of not having having the roll over risk! I thought my son would love the moon roof in the back but in fact he loved the console in the back seat and the many cup holders! I bought this as a used rental car and it was very well taken car of.

I love the features in the steering wheel. I used to drive a 4 door truck and so I love the new found gas mileage and the parking is excellent! I can back into any parking spot that I want with ease! I also love the remote start and use it almost everytime!

If the seats were to fold up to be up against the front seats and the moon roof was standard in the front also. An MP3 outlet would be nice too. I loved the pictures I seen of the DVD player and would love to be able to buy those after market.

WHAT A JOKE
By tloe

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I purchased this vehicle I had to take it back in for problems..I heard a noise in the engine. Then I had to take it back again because when i drive in the rain it blows under the glass and leaks on my feet...and still have the same problem...Then i took it back for front end work..Then i took it for the sensors on the wheels had to be replaced. It has been to the shop 6 times and still have the same problems and now it has a knock in the engine at 49,000 it shouldn't do that..I keep the maintenance up, however it doesn't help..I just put new rotors and brakes on it and the front end shakes...this is a lemon of a car and I hate it...the dealers don't care to fix the problems correctly.

Great comfortable ride
By Jana

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was the first brand new car I have purchased. I love it! It gets great gas milage for the long trips. But doesn't fair so well when traveling the gravel roads. I tend to put about 20,000 miles per year on a car and I haven't had any problems with mine untill this spring when our road became a mud road (instead of gravel). It sits to low to the ground and scraped bottom several times causing some minor problems with the traction control and ABS.

Heated seats with ajustable lumbar support! Storage and great legroom front and back, even for my 6' 4" son's! Great stereo that even plays the CD's that I burned on my computer.

Bring it back! I love my car.