Used 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:

Love to the Maxx
By Buy American

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Got a great deal for this 2 year old Maxx with 21,000 miles on it. Great car to drive. I had read the reviews about the steering feeling wierd, uh what are you talking about? This car handles great. The power is incredible. The Chevy maxx is a great utilitarian car. Oh and I am averaging 28 miles per gallon in mixed driving.

The powerful engine is great. Fun to drive The driver information center. Seats are very comfortable I get a lot of compliments

Interior could be of better quality but who's complaining at this price

My favorite of all
By TJENKINS

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking to buy a crossover SUV like a Nissan Murrano but when I found the Maxx I looked no more! I get the feel of a crossover with the fuel economy of a car and the safety of not having having the roll over risk! I thought my son would love the moon roof in the back but in fact he loved the console in the back seat and the many cup holders! I bought this as a used rental car and it was very well taken car of.

I love the features in the steering wheel. I used to drive a 4 door truck and so I love the new found gas mileage and the parking is excellent! I can back into any parking spot that I want with ease! I also love the remote start and use it almost everytime!

If the seats were to fold up to be up against the front seats and the moon roof was standard in the front also. An MP3 outlet would be nice too. I loved the pictures I seen of the DVD player and would love to be able to buy those after market.

WHAT A JOKE
By tloe

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I purchased this vehicle I had to take it back in for problems..I heard a noise in the engine. Then I had to take it back again because when i drive in the rain it blows under the glass and leaks on my feet...and still have the same problem...Then i took it back for front end work..Then i took it for the sensors on the wheels had to be replaced. It has been to the shop 6 times and still have the same problems and now it has a knock in the engine at 49,000 it shouldn't do that..I keep the maintenance up, however it doesn't help..I just put new rotors and brakes on it and the front end shakes...this is a lemon of a car and I hate it...the dealers don't care to fix the problems correctly.

Great comfortable ride
By Jana

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was the first brand new car I have purchased. I love it! It gets great gas milage for the long trips. But doesn't fair so well when traveling the gravel roads. I tend to put about 20,000 miles per year on a car and I haven't had any problems with mine untill this spring when our road became a mud road (instead of gravel). It sits to low to the ground and scraped bottom several times causing some minor problems with the traction control and ABS.

Heated seats with ajustable lumbar support! Storage and great legroom front and back, even for my 6' 4" son's! Great stereo that even plays the CD's that I burned on my computer.

Bring it back! I love my car.

Gone to the Maxx
By BC from GA

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for a car for my 50 mile commute each day. I need something comfortable and economical. My Dad has a 92 Corsica with almost 200K miles and gets great mileage. I looked at Honda (owned 3), Toyota, and Nissan (currently my wife's car), and Hyundai econoboxes. Was astounded at the gas mileage from the V6. Very comfortable car. I have the maintenance done when required (the car tells me!) and that is it. Has great sound system and love the moon roofs in the back! I went from a Lincoln Town Car (another great car for the money and mpg to boot) to this and the ride is almost as plush. The ABS and Traction Control are wonderful. I love my Malibu Maxx & plan on driving 4ever!

Rear sun roofs, ride, handling for a wagon, fuel economy of a subcompact 4 cylinder, able to haul lots of stuff because of hatch and fold down seats, people mistake it for an import, distinctive looks, great price for a CPO car, my Mercedes driving brother loves it, easy to park and drive, great car

No auxillary input for iPod, wish it came standard with front sunroof, huge blindspots due to huge D Pillars and back seat design, seats stain easily, needs more cup holders, my wife wants to drive it too much, occaisional squeak from power steering.