2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
Maxxed Out Mamma
By Sharon V. on 09/01/06 04:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this car for two months now, and still can't wait to drive it every day. As a realtor, you couldn't ask for a better vehicle. Tons of back leg room and great cargo space that fits all my signs. People stare at the car all the time when I'm driving it. Those who do approach me about it can't believe it's a Malibu. I almost didn't test drive it because it was a Malibu. I really wanted the Impala SS. But after comparing everything, the Maxx SS won hands down. Drive this car before you make a decision to buy and you'll be hooked too!

Love this car
By lrogers on 08/20/06 17:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Malibu Maxx for 1 week now. I love how it handles. it has a great smooth ride. The extras are great. My shades do not seem to roll back into their holder, they just hang. I really like the car.

Drive
By scott fuoco on 08/09/06 11:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Great fun car! Dogs comfortable riding in back. Problem w fuse box, then speed control sensor in front wheel. Both problems were addressed and taken care of very fast. Both times car did not break down. This car is always a conversation peice! Great handling car, top 10 saftey rated. Very fast, great for long trips, and plenty of space inside.

One of the best I've ever owned
By HEATHBUSY on 07/26/06 08:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the best vehicles I've ever driven. It is very spacious, but yet when driving you have your own space. The exterior design is excellent. Like nothing I've ever seen. Very sporty for a wagon type of vehicle. Very good handling and suspension. The power is also very good. It will get you down the road, and not to bad on fuel either . Overall this is an excellent vehicle at a resonable price.

A nice GM car, actually!
By Fluke on 07/19/06 12:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So far, things have been great with this vehicle. No problems at all. Good ride, good brakes, steering is comfortable. This car feels like a solid car. I purchased the 4 year 100000 km extended warranty so that for the next 4 years, I won't get any nasty surprises like the intake manifold gasket (3.4 L engine on the Grand Am) or the ABS sensors.

A nice suprise from Chevrolet
By Renee on 07/12/06 15:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had honestly not heard of this car until I visited the dealership. I had come in for an Impala and drove away with the Maxx! I liked it instantly, and test drove alot of cars. I was looking at the Ford Fusion for the same price, but the Maxx offered a standard V6, ABS, and a remote starter for less, and drove better! You truly get a lot for your money.

Best car I have ever owned!
By Greg Munyon on 06/06/06 07:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I love the the car what more can I say! Chevy has hit it on the mark. I had several Toyotas and was a bit worried about going to a Chevy, but no regrets here at all. I bet if more people test drove this car there would be a ton more sold!

Practical and Sporty
By Maxx999 on 05/02/06 00:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my SS Malibu Maxx for 4 months and put about 5000 miles on it. I really love the car. I wasn't considering the SS until I sat in one and realized how comfortable the seats are. I test drove it and was hooked. I'm not really a performance car guy but I'm becoming one. Car handles beautifully and the acceleration is awesome. The regular Maxx is pretty peppy but I'd encourage prospective buyers to try out the SS. The tricked out family car is cool. (Even, my friend who is a BMW devotee is jealous!) I was attracted to the Maxx b/c of its room and styling. It feels like a much more expensive European car -- but will be much more reliable.

Good Car
By redcar on 04/30/06 17:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving Saabs for 20 years. The Maxx is on a Saab platform. Fit and finish not as good but engine has more pep. I like the hatchback. Price is right. Seats good.

Best Car
By hogan035 on 04/15/06 12:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This bye far is the best car I have ever owned. Great room, performance, gas mileage, and i like the style of it even though some say they don't, I see these Malibu Maxx's all over town now, only a few in Dec of 05 but now i see them all the time, so they must be selling well. The standard features cannot be beaten in my opinion, car starter etc. and the sound system is the best i have ever had in a new car it is just awesome and will blow most aftermarket systems away in my opinion. My car is very quiet and comfortable on the road, city or highway . For those thinking about this car try it i think you will be presently surprised it is a great car for the price and features.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.