2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
Awesome car
By Scortch on 01/10/08 20:29 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I fell in love with this car when I saw it and drove it. I had been doing research on the net and narrowed it down to a few cars but the Maxx was my choice. Nice car to drive, has the power and comfort. Some have problems with the steering but I thought the steering was just fine. No worst to me than any other.

Malibu to the Maxx
By Jason on 11/29/07 05:48 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is great. I was surprised by the amount of space. I especially love the hatchback. This is a great family car for a medium income family.

Great to the MAXX!
By itsmebc on 10/08/07 17:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this vehicle. After owning Honda Accords and Nissan Maximas for years, my wife and I were looking at small SUV's. However, the insurance and MPG were not up to snuff for someone with a 60 mile commute. This car gets over 30 mpg on the highway and 25 in town. It is very roomy and comfy. The backseat has more room than my mother-in-law's Town Car! Great sound system. Got a great deal and is a CPO. I teach school and the other teachers are jealous. I don't know why Chevy has kept this one a secret. Too bad it won't be back for 2008. The hatchback and adjustable rear seat are great. I love the remote start!

Overlooked and underappreciated
By jnem on 07/23/07 20:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I went in to the dealership to buy a Malibu sedan but after looking at the Maxx I was really impressed and bought it instead. This was a low mileage program car so I got a very good deal on it.The Chevy dealer was great to work with, repairing a few small items necessary to qualify as a Chevrolet Certified Used Car. The car gets great mileage, 28 mpg mixed hwy and city driving. I find it to be very comfortable and quiet with excellent power. I love the hatchback and the rear seat design is the most comfortable rear seat I have sat in due to its ability to recline. The driver area is quite functional and ergonomically comfortable as well as easy for me to get in and out.

It works well
By yasth on 06/12/07 08:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Rather nice car really, there are some glaring if rarely dealt with design problems (the rear sunscreen system is scary, as are a few areas fingers rarely go. Lots of pickup all things considered, if you floor it you will find all the acceleration you need. The automatic isn't great at times, sometimes sticking to too low a gear. I get consistently better then the EPA gas mileage as long as A/C is off. Explaining how to work the back seats fold down/recline function is comical, but it is more that people don't expect such a "front seat" thing then anything wrong. Overall, I am happy so far, it rides, and handles well (though new tires are boon). On smooth roads it is shockingly quiet.

OK, just OK
By DKiD on 03/14/07 10:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Car drives OK. Mileage is way down from listed numbers. I do like a lot of things about this car but mileage is not one of them.

2006 Malibu Maxx
By Ed on 02/21/07 10:35 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car. I can find no fault with it. Great gas mileage for a large V6. Excellent cargo room with all seats down. Overall, can't be beat.

Laser Blue Malibu Maxx SS
By Nate on 02/07/07 18:39 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Love the engine power and options. The contrasting stitching on the seats and steering wheel is nice. It's an extremely versatile vehicle that has great performance and fuel economy. On average, I get about 22 MPG with mostly highway driving (pretty acceptable as the 2007 is rated at 24 MPG highway). The Laser Blue looks great but, according to my dealer, is hard to match if you need paint work done. After 1.5 years, I've only had to deal with a burnt out taillight bulb. I didn't really like the sunroof deflector that was made of a mesh material, so I removed it and put on the factory sunroof deflector from the '05 Malibu.

Great All-Around Vehicle
By MHornSS on 01/29/07 19:53 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Owned only 3 weeks but exceeding expectations. BMW/Vette owner that needed all round daily driver that drives well, has 4 person practicality, holds my offroad bicycle inside, and gets decent mpg. Found 4K mile SS by accident at dealer lot. Surprised with features. Dual sunroofs, XM, OnStar, DVD, 6CD, as well as space, quality, and value. Having been to Europe alot I like the styling and have never seen another Maxx SS (live in big city). Good power, ride, handling, dynamics, ergonomics and excellent value! MaxxSS replaces my Z71 Tahoe - almost as much cargo space but much more fun to drive and better mpg. GM/Saab platform for this car is very solid and sophisticated for this price level. Recommend!

Overall good, some small design issues
By ValrieAnnie on 01/03/07 11:12 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The exterior is not pretty but the ride is comfortable. Disappointed with the gas mileage. We are slightly below the low end of the range. Overall a great car. I would buy another, but since I buy a new car every ten years who knows if they will still be made.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.