2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
Love from the beginning
By arkaypee on 11/03/08 08:57 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My sales person took me to pickup my Maxx and as soon as I saw it I fell in love with it. Then I drove it and it was confirmed that this was the car for me.

This is a terrific mid-sized car!
By MKD on 09/09/08 11:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LTZ 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Iíve owned my Maxx for two months and love it. I had to replace my 270,000 mi. BMW 318is commuter car and needed great gas mileage and four doors. I looked at Vibes and Mazda 3 wagons but liked the Maxx better. This car has exceeded my expectations! It has comfortable seats with lots of leg room, sun roofs front and back and the rear seat audio controls and headphones keep the kids busy and happy. The hatch area holds all our stuff. It is a fun car to drive. I like the power steering. Average mileage is 26/33 city/highway. Some donít like the looks of the car but I do. This is a real winner! GM should build it with the new Malibu styling. Now that would be fantastic!

Maxx
By gto222 on 09/08/08 09:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a new 2006 Corvette at same time. Maxx is my work vehicle. Gas mileage is low (approx 22 mpg overall), performance is great. Suspension can be a bit tricky near the limit. Brakes were typical Chevy, poor. Replaced with aftermarket calipers/disk/pads. No surprise here as almost all Chevy brake systems are weak. Overall, very nice car for the money. Maxx will run circles around all the midsize sports sedans until you get into M3's, S4's and turbo stuff like a WRX. I am happy.

My Maxx
By moehrked on 06/24/08 22:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LTZ 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Malibu Maxx in mid 2006 because I wanted better gas mil3age. Well, I got it! I drive from Leland NC to Myrtle Beach SC about 2 to 3 times a month, and I manage to get 30 to 32 mpg. I can get 30 mpg at 65 mph easily. I must say that I do love this car. All I have ever done so far to this car is change the oil when it tells me to and rotate the tires when it tells me to. I have OnStar maintance package and so far that is all that has be noted.

Love to the Maxx
By Buy American on 06/20/08 20:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Got a great deal for this 2 year old Maxx with 21,000 miles on it. Great car to drive. I had read the reviews about the steering feeling wierd, uh what are you talking about? This car handles great. The power is incredible. The Chevy maxx is a great utilitarian car. Oh and I am averaging 28 miles per gallon in mixed driving.

My favorite of all
By TJENKINS on 05/29/08 07:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking to buy a crossover SUV like a Nissan Murrano but when I found the Maxx I looked no more! I get the feel of a crossover with the fuel economy of a car and the safety of not having having the roll over risk! I thought my son would love the moon roof in the back but in fact he loved the console in the back seat and the many cup holders! I bought this as a used rental car and it was very well taken car of.

WHAT A JOKE
By tloe on 05/15/08 14:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I purchased this vehicle I had to take it back in for problems..I heard a noise in the engine. Then I had to take it back again because when i drive in the rain it blows under the glass and leaks on my feet...and still have the same problem...Then i took it back for front end work..Then i took it for the sensors on the wheels had to be replaced. It has been to the shop 6 times and still have the same problems and now it has a knock in the engine at 49,000 it shouldn't do that..I keep the maintenance up, however it doesn't help..I just put new rotors and brakes on it and the front end shakes...this is a lemon of a car and I hate it...the dealers don't care to fix the problems correctly.

Great comfortable ride
By Jana on 04/26/08 18:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was the first brand new car I have purchased. I love it! It gets great gas milage for the long trips. But doesn't fair so well when traveling the gravel roads. I tend to put about 20,000 miles per year on a car and I haven't had any problems with mine untill this spring when our road became a mud road (instead of gravel). It sits to low to the ground and scraped bottom several times causing some minor problems with the traction control and ABS.

Gone to the Maxx
By BC from GA on 04/09/08 18:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for a car for my 50 mile commute each day. I need something comfortable and economical. My Dad has a 92 Corsica with almost 200K miles and gets great mileage. I looked at Honda (owned 3), Toyota, and Nissan (currently my wife's car), and Hyundai econoboxes. Was astounded at the gas mileage from the V6. Very comfortable car. I have the maintenance done when required (the car tells me!) and that is it. Has great sound system and love the moon roofs in the back! I went from a Lincoln Town Car (another great car for the money and mpg to boot) to this and the ride is almost as plush. The ABS and Traction Control are wonderful. I love my Malibu Maxx & plan on driving 4ever!

Underrated Excellent Competitor
By Linda on 04/04/08 21:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Maxx is a mini-Saab. Good foreign feel, interior a bit basic. If Chevy invested in upgraded interior materials this car can compete with imports hands down. Good mileage, great pickup excellent style. I researched BMW, Saab, Volkswagon Wagons Maxx best value for the dollar. Just wish the interior could compete with imports.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.