2006 Chevy Malibu Maxx SS
By Nate P on
2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)
This is a great vehicle, but has some engineering flaws. You cannot get heated seats in this car at all, even though you can get heated cloth in LT trim, nor an autodimming mirror. Also, due to the fixed rear glass and sunshades, there are some minor rattles. The exterior of this vehicle has sharp lines, and I love the factory remote starter. The wheels are a nice compliment to the car, but should have been offered with a polished or chrome finish. The dual exhaust adds a sporty look AND a nice sound to this car. Mechanically, 240 hp from the 3.9 V6 is sufficient. From time to time, though, I notice some knocking coming from the engine bay. You can only choose from 4 colors.
Favorite Features
Laser Blue is a great color, but my dealer tells me it can be hard to match so be careful! I love the power the car has. I barely have to tap the gas pedal and I'm moving! The wheels are great and reflect sunlight from their ultrabright finish onto the ground. Huge dual exhaust outlets!
Suggested Improvements
6-speed automatic transmission would be a great improvement that the Aura and the G6 got for 2007, but not the Malibu. I would remove the sunroof wind deflector as it traps a lot of bugs while driving. MP3, heated seats, autodim mirror, and auto down/up windows for all passengers would be welcome.