2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
Performance+Utility=Sick
By harjohn4 on 12/23/09 12:21 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with right around 30k. It was a lease turn in so i know it was treated well by the previous owner. Being an American car guy chevy has been all I have ever owned. I was tossing this car up with a mazda 3 hatch. This car had a much smoother ride and a ton more power, SS package sold. Ohh yeah and it had plenty of space for my bicycles to fit without needing a rack.

Hatchbacks are great!!
By Kit Gerhart on 11/11/09 11:39 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LTZ 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my car new in 2006, and it has been great. The seats are very comfortable for me on long trips, and, while not a sports car, it has plenty of power and handles well. I got the LTZ because I wanted a few gadgets like HomeLink that weren't available on cheaper trim levels. The gas mileage, while not great, is at least as good as could be expected for a car this size and power. I get in the low- mid 20's in mixed driving, and 29-30 on the interstate going as fast as I can get by with. The reliability has been great; I've had no problems in 3 1/2 years of ownership.

my first maxx
By blueoleander on 10/17/09 22:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2006 maxx ss model BRAND NEW in sept. 2009. For all you maxx lovers there is one more left, brand new in silver, ss model with dvd player, onstar and 2 sunroofs. Anyway, smooth quiet ride, lots of power, nice interior, awesome AC, lots of features. I like the adjustable gas/brake pedals, you can move them closer to you with push of button!

STS twin turbo 3.9l ss maxx
By wowza on 05/06/09 23:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I loved the SS Maxx from the first time I saw it. It is naturally fast. Very comfortable, and quiet (for those who like quiet, I prefer a throaty exhaust). I would totally recommend this car to anyone (modded or not)

BAD to the BONE and WICKED FAST
By tires4u on 04/07/09 14:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

The BATMOBILE.. as our car is Black w/tinted windows. This car will SCARE you. With the manual shift feature you can lay down a 20 foot path of rubber..just like the old days. SS stands for SUPER SPORT again and this car is all that. We love the design and functionality of the car. The rear sunroofs and dvd player make it like our own private jet for fast travel. The torque range is SMOOTH all the way past 100mph. You have to be CAREFUL or the tires will break loose when shifting thru the gears. All I can say is we are one of the lucky few to get to drive this car everyday. After 50,000 miles NO SQUEAKS or RATTLES as QUIET as the day it was NEW, LUVIT SS stands for SWEET and SEXY !!FAST

My Second MAXX!!
By Marla on 03/23/09 14:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I had a 2005 Maxx, and I had an accident, 60 to 0 in what felt like a second! All six air bags deployed, I had a broken arm and wrist (from the air bag) and a burn on my neck from the seat belt and some bruising, But that was all! The car was totaled but I walked away. When we went to get another car, we had to have another MAXX!! We haul anything and everything! We drove to Mesa, AZ for Chicago Cub Spring training and got great gas mileage!! Why they quit making them I don't know!!! but they need to re-think their decision!!

Happy with Choice
By Happy Chevy on 01/29/09 16:44 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had for over 2 years now and has always been reliable in the snow/ice or heat/rain. Had steering shaft replaced because of weird feeling when turning or going over slight bumps. Factory warranty took care of it. Love storage in back as I sue it frequently to haul yard trash to dump site, haul lumber, fishing equipment and radio control model airplanes. Gas mileage is excellent compared to wife's new Buick LaCrosse. Rides comfortable and get very favorable comments from my buddies on looks and ride.

Maxx-imum Overdrive
By Shazzy V. on 01/22/09 07:53 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this car for almost three years now. I originally fell in love with its sporty look, large, comfortable interior and huge storage ability. I have not been disapointed too much with this vehicle. I've had a really annoying rattle in the front dash since day One, but of course Chevy mechanics "Could not duplicate the problem." I talked them into replacing the heater motor and the rattle is still there. Also hate the brakes -- need to change them often and way underpowered for the car. And now my sunroof will not close when open unless I manually guide it in. I also get cruddy gas mileage, but I do have the larger 3.9 v-6, so I guess the extra performance outweighs fuel economy.

I love my Maxx!
By Christiekersch on 01/08/09 15:37 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven my car for 2.5 years now, and I absolutely love it. I drive quite a bit for work, and put on about 25,000 miles a year. I was fairly skeptical about buying a Chevy, but I decided to buy one since my Uncle works for GM. The extras in this car are unbeatable. The moon roof in the back and adjustable back seats give passengers a boost in comfort. I have had the dashboard vent "flutter" and the sun visor rattling issues. However, I took the car to the dealership and they fixed both under warranty. I have also had difficulties with the braking system. I had major rotor warpage at about 20,000 miles, and they fixed the problem under warranty. No problems since.

Love from the beginning
By arkaypee on 11/03/08 08:57 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My sales person took me to pickup my Maxx and as soon as I saw it I fell in love with it. Then I drove it and it was confirmed that this was the car for me.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.