2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
Love this 2006 malibu ss
By technomaster on 04/13/12 11:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I really do love this malibu ss and it drives so smooth and fast. I get a lot of compliments about this car. It has a lot of truck room and seating is perfect for me. this is a car to get for sure. This car is so much better then hatchbacks out there and thats a fact.

Performance+Utility=Sick
By harjohn4 on 12/23/09 12:21 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with right around 30k. It was a lease turn in so i know it was treated well by the previous owner. Being an American car guy chevy has been all I have ever owned. I was tossing this car up with a mazda 3 hatch. This car had a much smoother ride and a ton more power, SS package sold. Ohh yeah and it had plenty of space for my bicycles to fit without needing a rack.

my first maxx
By blueoleander on 10/17/09 22:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2006 maxx ss model BRAND NEW in sept. 2009. For all you maxx lovers there is one more left, brand new in silver, ss model with dvd player, onstar and 2 sunroofs. Anyway, smooth quiet ride, lots of power, nice interior, awesome AC, lots of features. I like the adjustable gas/brake pedals, you can move them closer to you with push of button!

STS twin turbo 3.9l ss maxx
By wowza on 05/06/09 23:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I loved the SS Maxx from the first time I saw it. It is naturally fast. Very comfortable, and quiet (for those who like quiet, I prefer a throaty exhaust). I would totally recommend this car to anyone (modded or not)

BAD to the BONE and WICKED FAST
By tires4u on 04/07/09 14:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

The BATMOBILE.. as our car is Black w/tinted windows. This car will SCARE you. With the manual shift feature you can lay down a 20 foot path of rubber..just like the old days. SS stands for SUPER SPORT again and this car is all that. We love the design and functionality of the car. The rear sunroofs and dvd player make it like our own private jet for fast travel. The torque range is SMOOTH all the way past 100mph. You have to be CAREFUL or the tires will break loose when shifting thru the gears. All I can say is we are one of the lucky few to get to drive this car everyday. After 50,000 miles NO SQUEAKS or RATTLES as QUIET as the day it was NEW, LUVIT SS stands for SWEET and SEXY !!FAST

Maxx-imum Overdrive
By Shazzy V. on 01/22/09 07:53 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this car for almost three years now. I originally fell in love with its sporty look, large, comfortable interior and huge storage ability. I have not been disapointed too much with this vehicle. I've had a really annoying rattle in the front dash since day One, but of course Chevy mechanics "Could not duplicate the problem." I talked them into replacing the heater motor and the rattle is still there. Also hate the brakes -- need to change them often and way underpowered for the car. And now my sunroof will not close when open unless I manually guide it in. I also get cruddy gas mileage, but I do have the larger 3.9 v-6, so I guess the extra performance outweighs fuel economy.

Maxx
By gto222 on 09/08/08 09:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Bought a new 2006 Corvette at same time. Maxx is my work vehicle. Gas mileage is low (approx 22 mpg overall), performance is great. Suspension can be a bit tricky near the limit. Brakes were typical Chevy, poor. Replaced with aftermarket calipers/disk/pads. No surprise here as almost all Chevy brake systems are weak. Overall, very nice car for the money. Maxx will run circles around all the midsize sports sedans until you get into M3's, S4's and turbo stuff like a WRX. I am happy.

OK, just OK
By DKiD on 03/14/07 10:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Car drives OK. Mileage is way down from listed numbers. I do like a lot of things about this car but mileage is not one of them.

Laser Blue Malibu Maxx SS
By Nate on 02/07/07 18:39 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Love the engine power and options. The contrasting stitching on the seats and steering wheel is nice. It's an extremely versatile vehicle that has great performance and fuel economy. On average, I get about 22 MPG with mostly highway driving (pretty acceptable as the 2007 is rated at 24 MPG highway). The Laser Blue looks great but, according to my dealer, is hard to match if you need paint work done. After 1.5 years, I've only had to deal with a burnt out taillight bulb. I didn't really like the sunroof deflector that was made of a mesh material, so I removed it and put on the factory sunroof deflector from the '05 Malibu.

Great All-Around Vehicle
By MHornSS on 01/29/07 19:53 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Owned only 3 weeks but exceeding expectations. BMW/Vette owner that needed all round daily driver that drives well, has 4 person practicality, holds my offroad bicycle inside, and gets decent mpg. Found 4K mile SS by accident at dealer lot. Surprised with features. Dual sunroofs, XM, OnStar, DVD, 6CD, as well as space, quality, and value. Having been to Europe alot I like the styling and have never seen another Maxx SS (live in big city). Good power, ride, handling, dynamics, ergonomics and excellent value! MaxxSS replaces my Z71 Tahoe - almost as much cargo space but much more fun to drive and better mpg. GM/Saab platform for this car is very solid and sophisticated for this price level. Recommend!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.