2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:
Best car I have ever owned!
By jinx948 on 04/08/14 03:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Maxx new in July of 2006. Best purchase ever. It now has 113,000 miles and I have had two small issues. When it was under 36k miles it had a oil pan gasket leaked fixed under warranty and the worst issue is the remote start remote does not last. I have had 2 and need another and they are around $150 each.

6 Years this December 6th. Great!!!
By 007maxxtruck on 09/17/12 19:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2006 malibu maxx LT V-6 For almost 6 years and it has been the best car I have ever owned. Its about at 93k and its still going strong. The quality, handling and performance, and everything about this car has been just GREAT!! Its pretty fast too!!

Great Value!!!
By speedy0001 on 07/05/11 06:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great family car the performs well and the reliability has been great. The cargo space is the same as some suvs with a sticker price of half.

Me 'n' Maxx
By JR on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought an '06 Maxx LT with 70k (43,500 mi) on it, in October '09. It's whisper quiet, fast, gets 28-30 mpg, and I love the looks. The one complaint I had was the 'clunking' noise coming from the steering column that seems a common complaint. I sprayed some lubricant on the steering shaft (under the dash) and no more clunk! It's a great alternative to the bigger SUVs and for my needs, very practical, with the folding seats, and removable rear deck cover. The 3.1 L V6 gets the job done quite nicely. Love it!

Love our Max!
By Paulmary on 08/24/10 20:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We had a Volkswagen Jetta, but with two boys over 6 feet, there was no leg room! Lots in the Max, I like sunroof and heated seats.

My Mad Maxx
By tigerteacher on 08/13/10 21:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Malibu Maxx as a replacement for a much larger car that was totaled in an accident. Went to purchase an SUV, but when I drove the Maxx, it was sold. Great room; lots of cargo capacity; great mpg; easy to get my toddler in and out; inexpensive maintenance. My family has owned many Chevy's and several Honda's and Nissan's. So far we are very pleased overall with this purchase. It was a CPO with extended warranty and I got a GREAT price. I have a 60 mile commute each day and my Maxx handles it with ease.

06 Maxx LT
By Dave71 on 05/02/10 20:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought the Maxx last week, but loving it so far. Had a 2003 Malibu, and this car is way beyond the previous generation, feels like its built better. Looked at Impalas, but really wanted something smaller and the Maxx was right up my alley. Love the power. Rides and handles great, although the previous owner put performance tires on it, so I'm not sure if I will keep them. Love the ABS and traction control being standard equipment. The interior space amazes me. Was looking to buy a bike rack for my car, and this eliminates the need, in fact could fit 2 bikes in it. Overall, very pleased with the purchase so far.

Better than I expected
By Biff on 02/16/10 08:54 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Having owned Volvos for ages, I was a little apprehensive about buying a Chevy but I couldn't turn down the deal I got as a GM supplier. The Maxx is a good, solid car. Yeah, some of the interior materials are a little basic and you can tell where they saved a few bucks, but it gets the job done. I love having a hatchback. Really handy. You can put a LOT of cargo in this car.

My Second MAXX!!
By Marla on 03/23/09 14:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I had a 2005 Maxx, and I had an accident, 60 to 0 in what felt like a second! All six air bags deployed, I had a broken arm and wrist (from the air bag) and a burn on my neck from the seat belt and some bruising, But that was all! The car was totaled but I walked away. When we went to get another car, we had to have another MAXX!! We haul anything and everything! We drove to Mesa, AZ for Chicago Cub Spring training and got great gas mileage!! Why they quit making them I don't know!!! but they need to re-think their decision!!

Happy with Choice
By Happy Chevy on 01/29/09 16:44 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had for over 2 years now and has always been reliable in the snow/ice or heat/rain. Had steering shaft replaced because of weird feeling when turning or going over slight bumps. Factory warranty took care of it. Love storage in back as I sue it frequently to haul yard trash to dump site, haul lumber, fishing equipment and radio control model airplanes. Gas mileage is excellent compared to wife's new Buick LaCrosse. Rides comfortable and get very favorable comments from my buddies on looks and ride.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.