Used 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS Fleet Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:

Boycott Chevrolet
By P H

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The other reviews may seem ok because the car was new. Now they have RECALLS that they won't fix. safety issues. Don't buy any Chev. till these issues are fixed

Saved my Life
By sarabellacooks

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car after falling in love with it at the dealership. It was sporty enough to rationalize the "station wagon" style hatch back. It has a great stock sound system and all the features were great for the price. The thing that impressed me about this car is the fact that, when I blew a tire after running something over on the highway at 60 mph, hit dirt and rolled it over twice, I was able to walk away with nothing but a small bruise on my shoulder. This car saved my life, and I recommend it with the highest regards!

Sound system, lots of space for hauling awkwardly shaped items and large items, and comfortable, fully adjustable seats.

lose the rear moon roof, make front sunroof instead; other than that, not a thing!

Love to the Maxx
By Buy American

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Got a great deal for this 2 year old Maxx with 21,000 miles on it. Great car to drive. I had read the reviews about the steering feeling wierd, uh what are you talking about? This car handles great. The power is incredible. The Chevy maxx is a great utilitarian car. Oh and I am averaging 28 miles per gallon in mixed driving.

The powerful engine is great. Fun to drive The driver information center. Seats are very comfortable I get a lot of compliments

Interior could be of better quality but who's complaining at this price

My favorite of all
By TJENKINS

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking to buy a crossover SUV like a Nissan Murrano but when I found the Maxx I looked no more! I get the feel of a crossover with the fuel economy of a car and the safety of not having having the roll over risk! I thought my son would love the moon roof in the back but in fact he loved the console in the back seat and the many cup holders! I bought this as a used rental car and it was very well taken car of.

I love the features in the steering wheel. I used to drive a 4 door truck and so I love the new found gas mileage and the parking is excellent! I can back into any parking spot that I want with ease! I also love the remote start and use it almost everytime!

If the seats were to fold up to be up against the front seats and the moon roof was standard in the front also. An MP3 outlet would be nice too. I loved the pictures I seen of the DVD player and would love to be able to buy those after market.

Great comfortable ride
By Jana

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was the first brand new car I have purchased. I love it! It gets great gas milage for the long trips. But doesn't fair so well when traveling the gravel roads. I tend to put about 20,000 miles per year on a car and I haven't had any problems with mine untill this spring when our road became a mud road (instead of gravel). It sits to low to the ground and scraped bottom several times causing some minor problems with the traction control and ABS.

Heated seats with ajustable lumbar support! Storage and great legroom front and back, even for my 6' 4" son's! Great stereo that even plays the CD's that I burned on my computer.

Bring it back! I love my car.