Used 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:

Boycott Chevrolet
By P H

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The other reviews may seem ok because the car was new. Now they have RECALLS that they won't fix. safety issues. Don't buy any Chev. till these issues are fixed

Tire woes....
By linda1951

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Maxx SS with just 48000 miles on it in Jan. 2013 the dealership pushed the fact of the low miles. I did ask for a bit on its history, they gave me a page that explained just oil changes. I knew better but was hoping it wasn't to bad with repairs. My problem is the car wears out the driver's side front tire. Just that one but it will kill off the tire in less than 20000 miles. So no matter what kind of tire you put there, it won't last. So the reason for the low miles on the car, the person that first owned it just didn't drive it much. So though I love the car, how it handles and all that. I too don't drive it much. :(

The 240 horse engine a lot of fun driving it, doesn't get very good gas mileage but still fun to drive. I enjoy the XM radio, OnStar and the CD player for watching movies. It rides good, is shape looking, will still turn heads and looks great all waxed up. I can haul my large Husky dog and all my camping things in it too.

Nothing that I can think about, only wish Chevy would go back to selling them again. I would buy a new one.

Best car I have ever owned!
By jinx948

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Maxx new in July of 2006. Best purchase ever. It now has 113,000 miles and I have had two small issues. When it was under 36k miles it had a oil pan gasket leaked fixed under warranty and the worst issue is the remote start remote does not last. I have had 2 and need another and they are around $150 each.

MPG I get 31 on the highway and about 24 in city I average 27.5-28.5 depending on time of the year. GM needs to go back to this car and remake them. GREAT CAR!

Remote start remote is horrible.

6 Years this December 6th. Great!!!
By 007maxxtruck

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2006 malibu maxx LT V-6 For almost 6 years and it has been the best car I have ever owned. Its about at 93k and its still going strong. The quality, handling and performance, and everything about this car has been just GREAT!! Its pretty fast too!!

Speed, radio cargo space gas mileage handling power moon roof stock remote starter and everything lol

None

Love this 2006 malibu ss
By technomaster

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Hatchback SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I really do love this malibu ss and it drives so smooth and fast. I get a lot of compliments about this car. It has a lot of truck room and seating is perfect for me. this is a car to get for sure. This car is so much better then hatchbacks out there and thats a fact.

The things I love about this car 1.tons of leg room 2.Seating is wonderful 3. Dual Muffler 4. Very Sporty 5. Drives So smooth 6.Very Reliable

None