Used 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx

View reviews for a specific Malibu Maxx model:

Can you say LEMON
By T.Moore

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2006 Chevy Malibu Maxx SS brand new and had it in the shop more times in the past 9 years then I have ever had any car in the shop! At 30 miles I started getting an engine misfire code all the way to the 100,000 mile mark when the engine took a s*^+. Cylinder 2, 4 and 6 were toast!! Due too a misfire code in cylinders 2, 4 and 6 hmmmmm. Every time I took the car into the dealership that I bought the car from I would be told that I didn't drive it hard enough and that my fuel injectors were dirty and had build up of carbon. Chevy wouldn't recall the motor or do ANYTHING to fix it!!

The breaking system......what a joke!!! The stock breaking system was too small for the car to begin with, according to the second dealership that I went to because the first dealership lost there Chevy dealership status, GO FIGURE!!!! In the first 4 years I replaced the rotors 4 times after having each set turned and resurfaced due to warping. After taking it to the second dealership and paying for the correct size breaks to be installed they never warped again! Again Chevy did nothing to resolve the problem!!

The rattle in the dash...had nothing to do with the dash or the heater! It was the windshield! Poor factory installation. I replaced the windshield when a good size rock hit me on the freeway and after the new windshield was installed there was no more rattle!!!!

Yes this car WAS a SUPER FUN, fast car when it wasn't in the shop!!! Or leaving me stranded!! I should have parked it across the street from the first dealership with a GIANT LEMON and a sign that listed all the problems that Chevy was UNWILLING or Unknowledgeable to fix! For anyone that says well you didn't maintain it correctly, I call BS. I put nothing but the best oil and gas into that car and followed ALL the factory recommendations for service. Extremely LOW mileage for a 9 year old car that was babied in every way except when it came to the throttle!

Boycott Chevrolet
By P H

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The other reviews may seem ok because the car was new. Now they have RECALLS that they won't fix. safety issues. Don't buy any Chev. till these issues are fixed

Tire woes....
By linda1951

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS 4dr Hatchback (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Maxx SS with just 48000 miles on it in Jan. 2013 the dealership pushed the fact of the low miles. I did ask for a bit on its history, they gave me a page that explained just oil changes. I knew better but was hoping it wasn't to bad with repairs. My problem is the car wears out the driver's side front tire. Just that one but it will kill off the tire in less than 20000 miles. So no matter what kind of tire you put there, it won't last. So the reason for the low miles on the car, the person that first owned it just didn't drive it much. So though I love the car, how it handles and all that. I too don't drive it much. :(

Best car I have ever owned!
By jinx948

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Maxx new in July of 2006. Best purchase ever. It now has 113,000 miles and I have had two small issues. When it was under 36k miles it had a oil pan gasket leaked fixed under warranty and the worst issue is the remote start remote does not last. I have had 2 and need another and they are around $150 each. Still going strong 140k miles

6 Years this December 6th. Great!!!
By 007maxxtruck

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2006 malibu maxx LT V-6 For almost 6 years and it has been the best car I have ever owned. Its about at 93k and its still going strong. The quality, handling and performance, and everything about this car has been just GREAT!! Its pretty fast too!!

Speed, radio cargo space gas mileage handling power moon roof stock remote starter and everything lol

None