Updated Review 2 Years Later
By Dbadcraig on
2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Fleet 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
See my original review below dated 11/24/07. I now have 92,500 miles on this well equiped but basic Fleet car. The front end thump remains but is no worse after 20,000 more miles. The engine and transmission are as good as new- no oil use and I have obtained has high as 41 miles per gallon on the highway @ 60mph. I've had to replace warped front rotors, fix a short in side view mirror, new indicator bulb and thanks to a nail in a sidewall, buy two new Bridgestone tires (with the mpg my care gets with them, why change?) I did find the tan interior stained easily--but it also cleaned easily, try "Tuff Stuff" from Pep Boys. Paint, trim and interior is holding up very well.
Favorite Features
It is hard to beat the utility of this hatch back sedan! I really like this 3.5 V-6 and the transmission. Very good highway economy and ample power. The car is very comfortable on extended highway trips. The glass top adds a touch of class for rear seat passengers and everyone notices.
Suggested Improvements
My peeve list is short. The LED read out of the information center is too easily washed out by sunlight. The doors do not stay open (very irratating). The rear deck cargo cover squeaks at times with body flex. Plastic headlight are clouding. Steel wheels prone to rust (from salt).