2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx Consumer Review: Now over 30k, starting to have

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx - Consumer Review

Now over 30k, starting to have problems
By Gilanna on

2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LS 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased it new, was excellent first 30k miles. Now, cruise control wont engage at times. Brakes are now pulsating. The dealer says it's normal for 30k miles. Both front directionals stopped working and had to be replaced. At times,the shifter stays locked when you go to shift. By setting the alarm back on then off, I can get it to release. Took it to the dealer, they couldn't figure it out unless it did it while they were working on it, it didn't. I have to wait till it does it more frequently. This car is starting to annoy me. My wife wants her VW Golf back, says she never had any problems until it had 100k miles. I hope these annoyances can be easily fixed cause my warranty expires in 1500 miles.

Very large trunk space when you fold down the rear seats. Good gas mileage. Decent handling.

Give us a longer warranty. Soften the seats. Work on the alarm shifter lock, it could become a real problem.