New Malibu is excellent.
By zipster on
2005 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx LT 4dr Hatchback (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I said I would never buy another GM product. After being a lifelong GM customer I had a bad experience with my last purchase. I shopped all the foreign makes, Honda, Toyota, and even looked at some Fords but when it came right down to it, the design improvements and quality fit and finish of the new Chevy Malibu won me over. This car is awesome! It handles and corners wonderfully. It has quick acceleration and the 4 wheel disc brakes respond quickly. My only complaint so far is the rear window wiper that is inoperative but should be repaired on the first dealership visit. I recommend that everyone check out Chevy, because they are designing and building quality cars again.
Favorite Features
The rear cargo area has an adjustable shelf, reclining REAR seats with skylights, and 3 power ports. The new power steering promotes more road feel also. Driver information center is a plus. Rear DVD center is a must for children. Fuel economy is excellent. Love that XM radio.
Suggested Improvements
Ride is somewhat rough over very rough roads. There are some blind spots in the rear due to "hatchback" design. You must use the mirrors when changing lanes. Rear wiper did not work upon delivery.